Happy Birthday little man! You're already three and a half month old and growing faster all the time. You love the play mat these days. When I put you in there tonight your head was pointing to Herky and your feet were toward the red mat. Somehow you spun yourself in a circle and rolled over onto your side to fall asleep.
One night you were playing and had one foot on each of the cross bars so you could kick your les and rock the whole gym back and forth. You love to kick! And are always pulling your legs into the happy baby pose.
You've become a super sleeper over night! Saturday night I put you in your crib because you seemed hot and uncomfortable in your bassinet. I was very surprised to wake up engorged 7 hours later with you still asleep in your crib. Every night since you have slept for at least 6 hours. It's crazy, but I'm not complaining. I've been getting up to pump in the middle of the night and I folded up the bassinet. Amir has graduated to his big boy bed!
Your hands are always in your mouth. If you're not eating, you're sucking your hands or a toy or your blue blankie. You're very happy to just play around, roll on the floor, or sit next to your sister. When you're on the boppy you try to flip over backwards or crawl over the front. You definitely don't like sitting still!
You still like to have conversations, but my favorite is your laugh. Yep, you laugh now! And it's totally adorable! You light up and chuckle and melt my heart!
Today you started getting bigger bottles at Faye's. Since you're sleeping though the night, you've needed more during the day. I talked with the lactation consultant today to make sure I can keep feeding you. By this time I was already supplementing with Lyla and I REALLY want to keep feeding You as long as possible. Hopefully I can get things to balance out with my supply so I pump what you need during the day and I can sleep through the night.
No pictures with Lyla tonight because she's out with Daddy at Valleyfair. She had a good week. It's a break week from chemo so she's been feeling good. We played soccer at the park, she and daddy walked to Faye's for drop off, and she tried out karate! She really liked it, but it's intense and they want every kid who starts to go for black belt. We decided to see how she does with school and making it through the whole day there before signing up for two nights of karate per week minimum.
Next week she'll start swimming lessons with Jennifer. She's excited and so am I. I know she's going to have a great time. Masud will be taking her each day. They've been spending lots of time together and I love watching them. Masud is such a great dad. He encourages her, plays with her, and watches everything she does.
Next week will also start the last round of her chemo. Three more doses and we'll have her follow up MRI. If everything is clear then she'll be done -- hopefully forever. It's an exciting prospect, but of course we have no guarantees.
This week we were all reminded how important our family is and how quickly things can change. Great Grandma Ruth was admitted to the icu after her blood pressure went through the roof on Sunday night. After a painful week, she had her "porcelain gallbladder" removed today. She made it through the surgery well and is starting to recover, but it will be several more days before she's ready to go back to her new St. Paul home.
Loving these kids, and having Masud home, and having family time. We're a lucky bunch.










No comments:
Post a Comment