Thursday, July 3, 2014

Happy Birthday Amir -- 11 Weeks!


Little man continues to grow up fast! He is smiley, conversational and learning to play on his own. I heard him say both Hi and Uh-oh this week. Not consciously of course, but it's still cute. He's also becoming more mobile and scoots around his crib or the floor on his back. He almost got from his back to his tummy tonight but needed a little help. He is SO strong! 


He still liked watching tv, especially soccer with Daddy. He loves soft toys now and likes to cuddle with his pooh bear. Tonight for pictures he liked grabbing onto his bunny. Things have been going great at Faye's this week. I have had more than enough milk and Amir has been less fussy. Faye things thatwhen he wears a sleeper or socks and booties he is more content. Today he wore his firs little pair of booties and it was very cute. They won't fit long, but for now they work!


He has been consistent in his pattern of only pooping a couple times a week. I don't mind only changing a few dirty diapers (I always praise mi n for having his big big ones at Faye's), but his gas is crazy! Last night Lyla and I were on the couch and suddenly we both sniffed and groaned about the stinky bombs coming from Amir. I was glad he finally went. I do wish he would learn to poop when he wasn't eating. It seems he relaxes on the boob and then everything flows freely!


Other news of the week is that Amir has his hands or a toy in his mouth constantly. He drools all over and when I look at his gums, I can see white teeth under there. I can feel a little ridge, but I don't think it's a tooth quite yet. Even so, his gums must be itching or things must be moving in there because he is starting to chew on things. Last night Pooh's arm was completely wet. Tonight he has been trying out a teether.



Lyla has done well with her half dose of chemo his week. We painted her nails and her chewing seems better. She has been very active and has bruises all over, but they're just kid bruises. We had a family date at Valleyfair this weekend where we rode the monster over and over between trips to the bathroom and the water fountain. 


Tuesday Lyla had. A day with Grandpa. They visited Grandma's work, went to Fleet Farm and painted magnets. Lyla brought home the fist tomato from their tomato plants. It was delicious! She has been watching them grow for weeks now, so it was a big deal that she finally got to pick one.


Tonight at Target she got some new sandals. We had a fun time shopping and managed to run into not only April, Burt, Josie and Sophia, but also our friends Jody and Xander. We were in the shoe section for ever -- Amir even ate dinner there -- but it was fun and we did finally manage to find a pair of sandals that fit. She doesn't get to wear them often, but still likes to have some fun summer shoes. We. Bought size 11! I can't believe she is growing up so fast!


Her moods seem better this week, but she still gets down sometimes and needs a lot of positive reinforcement and affirmation. I forgot her medicine one da over the weekend and she did really well. Maybe that's part of it. Hopefully soon she will be able to dial back some of the meds and will also be more comfortable in her new role as a big sister. 



We're looking forward to family time this weekend. Amir and Lyla love each other a lot and Amir always recognizes when Lyla is around. He loves his sister! And we love them both! Happy 4th of July everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment