Thursday, July 17, 2014

Happy Birthday Amir -- 13 Weeks -- Officially 3 Months!


Today is July 17 and Amir is officially 3 months old! He's had a lot of adventures in his short life and he's a very relaxed and happy baby. He loves to come along wherever we bring him and is happy to sit back and take in the world around him. While on vacation this week he was mesmerized by the trees,  animals and sky. He loved  looking out the windows and playing with his toys. 


Amir continues to have his hands in his mouth all the time and he won't take a pacifier at all anymore. H does well soothing himself to sleep and has even been napping in his crib. His stuffed animals are his best buddies, especially Pooh. He's also taken to cuddling with his taggie blanket. I have to watch him because he likes to snuggle it up over his face at night.


Amir's head and trunk control are good. He started kicking a lot at tummy time today, making mini crawling motions. He does a great job on his mini push-ups and can keep his head up for a long time now. Amir is also becoming ore vocal. He often makes little shouts that surprise us. I've been in the kitchen more than once and turned around when Amir squealed with delight while hanging out with Masud and Lyla. He's also very aware of what's going on around him and not only follows people, but also turns toward noises and has taken to watching tv. 

This week he went 8 days between poops. I was hoping for a Tuesday poop so we wouldn't have to worry about it happening while we were driving home from South Dakota, but that's exactly what happened. Thankfully I was paying attention when he started going so I could quick take off his onesie and stick a cloth diaper under his butt -- I didn't want it to get all over the car seat. We stopped and got him cleaned up. He had his first gas station sink bath! If he's anything like his sister, this won't be his last. 


It's so fun to watch Amir grow and develop his own personality. I love to have little discussions with him and imagine what's going through his head. His smile melts my heart and I love the way he snuggles up to me when we cuddle. I love how excited he gets to eat and that he falls asleep in my arms. There's definitely something special about my bond with my little man. I just ant get enough of him!

No comments:

Post a Comment