Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Day Three!


Lyla had a great time at the Journey Museum. They had some dinosaur footprints fossils, a T Rex, a star room, and lots of tables and interactive activities for kids. 



She also had a good time playing sheriff on the frontier. Outlaw Daddy got locked in the jail more than once. 



The last exhibit had Lyla playing doctor while Masud and I looked at all kinds of medical tools. The volunteer even fired up the iron lung for me. I've never seen one, much less how they operate. I can't imagine lying in one! Or if I had to see Lyla in there every time she has been intubated ... No way.


We had lunch at Dinosaur Park. Hot dogs and ice cream, yum!





Taking a break at the hotel is always a smart idea when Lyla gets crabby. She enjoyed watching clips with Masud. 


Then it was off to play at Old MacDonald's Farm again. The goats were fun until they started eating hour clothes. A little one came right up behind Lyla and started eating her shorts!







We wrapped up the night at Mount Rushmore. We walked the trail and actually saw mountain goats. I just said the other day that I had never seen them in the park, and poof! There they were!




As we left light night I noticed our long shadows with the sun setting behind us. Once upon a time I took a picture of Masud, Lyla and I at Reptile Gardens when Lyla could hardly walk, but she was doing it. Here we are a couple years later and not only is she in a deep squat digging in the sand, we've got Amir in the shadow too.  Maybe I love coming here because it always reminds me of what's really important: nature, history, and most of all, family. That and the smell of ponderosa pine.










No comments:

Post a Comment