Little Man is already 12 weeks old. I can't believe it! This time three months ago I was snuggled up with man little man, watching him get his first bath, and marveling and how amazing it is to give ife to such a perfect, "tiny" baby.
In some ways I think he's still just a peanut, but I know he's not. He has grown a ton and is learning more every day. He has become very observant and seems to track various noises around the room. He watches Lyla wherever she goes.
Amir's head and trunk control both continue to improve. He seems more steady and less clingy when I hold him and he keeps working on rolling over. All he needed tonight was a little extra height from the boppy pillow and he was flipping all over the place. He also almost kicked his way off of the couch!
Amir continues to do well at Faye's. He has fussy days, but seems to be settling into the routine. I have been dropping him off earlier than Lyla. I set out her clothes, meds, and shoes and then make her a drawing with a note to have a good day. Then this handsome little man greets her when she gets there ... Unless he's asleep.
Week One with Bunny
This week with bunny
Amir LOVES fabrics and soft toys. He loves his Pooh bear, but he also likes to pull blankets over his face. i've started putting him in a sleep sack at night so he doesn't get a blanket all squished up near his face.
Not only is he reaching and grasping, he will use both hands to pull things toward him, even if they're bigger than he can handle. He discovered his hands this week and sometimes he just stares at them. He also seems more aware of his body in general. He kicks and scoots around on his back.
Thumbs up for twelve weeks!
This brainy little lady loves to cook and helped me make dinner this week. Talk about time flying! Lyla has been more even keeled this week. While she still has her dramatic times, she seems to have adjusted to sharing me a little more. She had pool therapy this week and I picked just her up from daycare. I had to pump in the changing room and hardly saw her swim, but just knowing I was there with only her made it a "girl time" win. Any time it's just us we say, "girl time!" Lyla does a little hip twist and arm shake for emphasis. Tonight' girl time was doing laundry. Just goes to show that it doesn't have to be anything fancy, she just needs reinforcement that she's still special.

















No comments:
Post a Comment