Thursday, July 24, 2014

Happy Birthday Amir -- 14 Weeks!


Thumbs up for 14 weeks! Amir is growing fast and getting stronger every day. He's officially a supported sitter now and can sit up well with something to balance against. He also does very well in the bumbo seat. He has started sitting on the counter while Lyla and I cook and also likes to hang out on the floor. 


I've been trying to eat more fruits and veggies. Apparently Amir's body is sensitive to them because he has had insanely stinky gas all week. It's so strong I think he must have pooped, but nope, it's just gas. He also seems to spit up more when I eat veggies ... So weird!

Sleeping has been going well, but we haven't made much progress toward longer stretches. Still, he only wakes up a couple times and always goes right back to sleep. He loves to snuggle in the bed with me. I try to resist it, but sometimes he's just so snuggly that I fall asleep with him in my arms. 


Amir continues to have his hands in his mouth all the time. His teeth are definitely shifting around under there and he puts anything he can gets his hands on into his mouth. Amir is starting to love tummy time and is getting more of his chest off the ground. He does especially well on the boppy pillow and is motivated by conversations with his bunny and by his mirror. He is also very close to rolling from is back onto his tummy!

"You need to stop jumping out of the bed, bunny! Behave!"



Masud picked up both kids from daycare this week while I worked late one night. We've been enjoying nights together at home by playing, watching movies, and just hanging out. Masud is taking care of the kiddos, cooking dinner, and cleaning up the kitchen. I could get used to this!

Lyla has been enjoying getting outside at Faye's. she has a huge mosquito bite on her leg tonight that's bothersome, but otherwise things are good. Jenny was here for chemo tonight and Lyla did well as always. She got 37.5% dose again this week and will have next week off. 

We signed her up for swimming lessons. We're hopeful Jennifer will be her teacher. I think she's going to love being a crayfish! And, of course, Lyla is looking forward to her friend Gavin's birthday party this weekend.


Summer is heating up and we're busy every weekend from now until school starts. The summer is also flying by and both kiddos are growing up fast. Did I mention Amir's outfit in these pics is a 6month size?? My big boy! This time last year we were finding out Lyla's tumor was growing again (July 26) and Little Man was conceived about the same time. Now looks at us! Amir has joined our family and Lyla is projected to finish treatment next month! I am a very VERY lucky woman to have been blessed with such a great family life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment