Lyla had her three month follow up scan last week (sorry I'm a little late posting the recap). She did well with anesthesia as usual and got several compliments from the nursing staff and child life n what an awesome little girl she is. I'm always proud of her for being a good patient.
The scan took a long time because they did her head and her whole spine. Masud, Amir, and I waited in a private family waiting room while Lyla was in the machine, then we all headed over to the clinic when she was done. I was anxious about managing scan day with both kiddos, but it worked out fine. I was able to still be there for Lyla when she was waking up and we got our cuddle time.
She chose to wear her hospital Jammie's to the clinic and Masud pushed her over in a wheelchair while I pushed Amir in the stroller. We don't have room in the jeep for her chair and the stroller, so we had to use a hospital chair, but she didn't mind. While we waited to go back she looked at the toy tower and vogued for the camera.
We waited for Dr. Bendel and were glad to hear when she came in that Lyla's spine scan was clear and her brain scan was stable. I was anxious about the spine scan since she's been having so many symptoms and I'm glad it all turned out well.
We talked a lot about the challenges Lyla is having with her chemo regimen. After going through all the symptoms, we decided on the three week on, one week off protocol. Dr. Bendel is hopeful we will be able to start increasing the dose again soon. Lyla got chemo last week and if off this week. Ten she will start her 3/1 rotation. If we can increase the dose, great. If she struggles, we will most likely just hold off until her next scan. Either way, she will be done in August as long as her next scan shows stable or better. I can't believe it's been a whole year since she started treatment!


No comments:
Post a Comment