Thursday, June 12, 2014

Happy Birthday Amir -- 8 Weeks -- 2 Months!


Two months today for our little man! I think he's in another growth spurt because he's eating all the time.  Yesterday and today both he has fought sleep a little, but now he's finally giving in and has had a couple good stretches tonight so far. 


When he's awake Amir is hitting all of his two month milestones right on time. He is reaching for things, grasping, making babbling sounds and he LOVES to smile. We're learning his expressions and his cries. Most of the time he just wants to be part of the action.  


I weighed myself and then myself holding him yesterday and he came out somewhere around 15lbs. We'll find out his official 2 month checkup weight next week. I'm anxious to see how much he has grown! 


Tonight when we were taking pictures Amir grabbed him bunny and started waving it around. I don't think he knew what was happening, but it was fun to see him holding it and moving it on his own. He likes his furry friends!

He rolled over in the bassinet last night. I got up to check on Lyla and when i got back, he was on his tummy. I don't know if he was on his side and then rolled forward, or what, but I was surprised to find him like that. He won't be in the bassinet much longer if he's going to start rolling! He's getting a little long for it anyway, I guess. You're growing too fast little man!

He is doing a good job soothing himself to sleep. If he's tired he usually settles in with his na-na and a swaddle and goes right to sleep. Hopefully he will adjust to sleeping at Faye's where swaddling isn't allowed (daycare laws). He'll start there next week already -- ah!



Lyla wanted a photo shoot today too so we took a picture of her with her Shamu from long ago. She's grown just a little since she was 8 weeks, don't you think?





And, of course, today is Uncle Ryan's 30th birthday. Happy Birthday! We love you lots! Lyla was born when Grandpa turned 50 and Amir was born when Ryan turned 30. Crazy!

Fun fact: the hats didn't fit very well, so they are taped onto the kids' foreheads.

No comments:

Post a Comment