9 weeks old this week and steppin' out! Amir has had a big week between getting his first round of shots and starting daycare. He's adjusting well and comes home tired every day. Don't worry, he only slept on the boppy for a few minutes after eating.
So far I've been able to keep up with what he needs to eat each day. I was very excited today to pump just over four ounces in one sitting. Hopefully I will soon be able to do that each time I pump so I can easily get his 12 oz a day for Faye's.
Faye said he is slowing learning to sleep in the pack and play -- about 10 minutes each time. After two days of sharing Faye with her brother Lyla seems to be doing well too. He always has a smile for her and I think they're becoming friends at daycare in addition to brother and sister. It's fun to watch the bond between them grow.
Amir's head control is getting really good now. Tonight he talked to Grandma on the speaker phone. He coos and gurgles sometimes, but Lyla usually does the voiceover when Grandma's on the line. He also loves to play in the baby gym now. He kicks his legs and waves his arms. He likes to hit the toys and smile at himself in the mirror. He's just SO adorable!
Pukin' shot! He's been spitting up a little lately but usually just when he was too quickly. Fay e said he spit up almost a whole bottle yesterday. I'm sure he isn't doing it on purpose, but he's started eating only a little at a time, whether it's from me or from the bottle. He eats on one side, then wants to wait before eating on the other.
Amir is still in size 1 diapers, but I think as soon as this stash is gone we'll move into size 2. He is wearing 3-6 month onesies, but somehow still fits in newborn pants (in the pictures).
After a rough start, Lyla has been having a good week. She had some trouble sleeping early in the week so she's been in our room the past couple nights. Our girls' day was wonderful and I think she's feeling better since then. She has been doing well with Amir at daycare. Faye said she is a good helper and is not in his face or in her way all the time. Lyla is loving her Legos these days and has done the small she she got a las week's garage sale almost every night.
Today was my firt day back at work. Yesterday I took both kids to daycare and had a day for myself and I'm glad I did because it was right back to the grind today. I made it through most of my email and successfully pumped enough for Amir. Next step will be getting to daycare on time for pickup.
I love my kiddos! Nothing beats being a mom to two awesome kids like these!







No comments:
Post a Comment