Tuesday, June 17, 2014

First Day at Faye's!


Yesterday was my last day home with Amir. I tried to focus only on him and what an awesome baby he is. I couldn't ask for a more chill and relaxed baby. He is so fun and likes to interact all the time. At times I have felt that we didn't get the same chance to bond as I did with Lyla since I have to split my time now. Maybe I'm just a more relaxed mom this time, or I'm less anxious about everything. And he's a totally different person than she is. I have loved having this time with him and am grateful that I was able to spend my days with such an awesome kid. 

Today he had his first day at Faye's. He has visited before, but was there on his own for the first time today. I dropped him off about 8 and called to check on him around 1:30. Faye said he was fine and had just finished his second bottle. I could hear him crying in the background and she said she had tried to put him in the pack and play to play but that he didn't really like it. I told her he prefers a blanket. I think she was just trying to give him a break from his adorable yet in-your-face female fans Samantha and Jaya. I picked him up around 430 and he was chillin' in the swing. Faye said she thought he did great for his first day and commented that it took him a long time to finish his bottles. Glad I'm not the only one who noticed he's a pokey eater. 


Since Amir was at Faye's, I took the chance to spend a girls' day with Lyla. She has done an amazing job adjusting to being a big sister, but I think the self-induced stress and pressure were starting to get to her. She is very used to getting ALL the attention and even though she's done we'll sharing me, I could sense she needed a big bank of one on one time to restock her love coffers. 

We made pancakes, went to the park, had a picnic with Grandma, took a long shower, made cookies, played Legos, drew ... It sounds hectic when i write it all out, but it was a fun and relaxing day. I'm so blessed to have Lyla as my daughter. She is so wise beyond her years and so mature for five years old. I don't like knowing she is already putting so much pressure on herself (just like her mom, exact duplicate!), but hopefully with some more 1:1 time I can help her manage the stress and just enjoy being an awesome kid. 



These kiddos really are my whole life . I am so blessed to be their mom. I'm also blessed with an awesome daycare family where I know they will be very well taken care. I wish I didn't have to go back, but I also know being a stay at home mom isn't for me. Tomorrow they will both be there and I will have a day just for me before going back to the office on Thursday. New adventures on the horizon!

No comments:

Post a Comment