Happy Birthday Little Man! I can't believe it has already been ten weeks. I'm writing at about 8:40 pm, so ten weeks ago at this time I was just about to meet Amir! He seems to have grown a lot this week and looks like a much older baby. I guess he's out of the infant stage. How is he growing up so fast?
Baby conversations are in full swing and I love our evening chats when everyone else is asleep. He's so expressive and even though he's not always smiley, i can tell he's always watching everything around him. i love watching him sitting on the couch watching soccer. he kicks his legs and waves his arms. Amir also xhas solid head control most of the time now and can sit with some assistance. He's my little Hulk! I am amazed how strong he is.
He had his first if blowout at Faye's this week. He has fallen into a pattern of only pooping at daycare, which is awesome for me. Even though Faye's a pro I think she was still grossed out by Amir's poopsplosion. In other rather unsavory news, Amir had his first yeast infection this week -- in his neck pudge. Dr. Bendel spotted it while we were at chemo on Friday and prescribed an anti-fungal powder. It cleared up quickly, but I'm still using the powder to keep him dry and make sure I don't get yeast too (I thought I had an infection in my boob because I was really sore, but I think it was just from squeezing too hard ... Gee, breastfeeding is fun!)
In other news, Amir got a swing at Grandma's. He loves it, especially the animals overhead. We took a family trip to the zoo this week. The pond was so high it almost covered the foot bridge. Traffic has been a nightmare since 169 is the only way across the river on the west side of town.
Lyla got a half dose of chemo last week and again this week. We decided to go with 50% since she is having symptoms but they don't seem too severe yet. Hopefully giving her a break will help her body better cope with the medicine for the next two months, which will hopefully be her last two months on treatment.
We're not sure if it's all her drugs or just normal hormones or even a little resentment for her little brother, but Lyla has been very moody, dramatic and sad lately. She has always been such a serious yet happy girl that these emotional swings are making me worried and, admittedly, a little frustrated. I assure her every day that I love her and that she's a wonderful kid only to hear her say how bad she is for spilling three drips of milk from her cup or needing extra time to fall asleep. I don't know where all this is coming from but I don't like it. Hopefully she will continue to adjust well to being a big sister and some of this will pass. As she finished chemo treatment, maybe she won't need as many neuro drugs and that will help too. Until then, we'll just have to reassure her, support her and help her understand how much we love her.
Lyla has learned to do a cheesy over the top smile.







No comments:
Post a Comment