Thursday, May 29, 2014

Happy Birthday Amir -- 6 Weeks!


My smiley man is six weeks old today! Boy that went fast! He hit his 6 week growth spurt right on time and his been a nursing and sleeping machine for the past couple days. It's trying, but it's working because the other night he slept for 5 hours and I pumped 5 ounces. It's is a BIG deal people. I have never pumped that much in one sitting! Obviously my decision to feed him on his schedule instead of sticking to the Baby Wise routine I did with Lyla is paying off. 


Amir continues to be a fun and happy baby. He started giving little smiles last week, but today he went to town and now he's smiling all the time. I had fun doing his photos today and just playing with him. That smile is just too cute!


We're solidly in 3 months clothes now and as ou can see in the photos he is getting cute baby rolls -- another sign I'm doing something right when it  comes to feeding him. It's hard to believe he is only 6 weeks when he looks and feels so solid. His head control is great and he wants to work on trunk control more and more. I'm not pushing him to sit up, but sometimes I feel like it's what he wants to do. 


He has successfully soothed himself to sleep a few times this week. If he doesn't fall asleep it's usually because he's playing in the bassinet. He kicks his arms and waves his legs hitting and kicking the little toys hanging from the side. He loves his snugga monkey from Jessiy and settles right down when the music plays.


I have three weeks of leave left to dote on my little man. This week we stayed home Tuesday other than taking Lyla to pool therapy. Yesterday I had my postpartum check up and then we had QT with Grandma Jill. Amir was especially excited for sushi Wednesday and I enjoyed driving to the bookstore and to Lund's on my own -- my first time venturing out without one of the kiddos along! Then we came home and picked up Lyla so she could get molded for new orthotics. She'll have her third pair of Tiger Dash AFOs in just a couple weeks. 


Lyla continues to be a great big sister. She has become less moody and more patient. She willingly helps out by getting Amir his nana or fetching diapers. She has also started soontaneousoy picking up the house. What a lucky mom I am! She still has her moments, but that's to be expected. I try to have at least a few minutes for just us girls to have one on one time every day. The last couple night she has slept in her own bed and we've had reading and snuggle time with just us. 

I love both these kiddos and our family time. It's great having Masud home and having him back in our bed! I can't wait to see what the next week brings -- as long as the time doesn't go too fast. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment