Thursday, May 15, 2014

Happy Birthday Amir! 4 Weeks -- 1 Whole Month!


In a few more hours Amir will officially be one whole month old! Can't believe it! Everything is still new and we're still figuring out routines, but somehow it feels like we have always been a family of four. Lyla is adjusting to being a big sister and loves to help out.  She helped give Amir a bath last week and likes to read to him, tell him stories and give him his na-na when he cries. She tells everyone how much she loves his "cute pooched out cheeks".


Amir is starting to explore his world a little more this weeks. He is more able to focus this week and can follow items across his field of vision. He is also reaching out and hitting things. I don't think it's intentional yet, but he gets excited when he flails and hits the thing he's looking at. Friday it was the monkey in his bassinet. Today he was reaching for the butterfly on the playmat. 


Masud and I continue to have week day time with each other and Amir. I was exhausted Friday, so we went out to lunch and then came home to relax and nap. I got up to pick up Lyla and left my handsome boys sleeping at home. 


Saturday was my first day home alone all day by myself with both kids. They day wasn't so bad, but by the time I was STILL rocking Amir to sleep at midnight after feeding him constantly for several hours, I was a mess. I didn't want Lyla to wake up and see me upset (which would just make her upset), so I went in her room and cried while I rocked Amir. It wasn't pretty, but I had to just let it all go. By the time I was done sobbing, Amir was asleep and I was feeling the relief that comes from letting go.  

Being the loving and observant husband he is, Masud took Lyla out for a few hours on Sunday so I could have a break and relax while Amir slept all morning. It was nice to take a long shower and regroup after my long night. 

They came home with flowers and cards for me and for the other moms in our lives. The kids gave me some lovely purple flowers and a nice card. Lyla even drew a picture and wrote me a special message. Herky got in on the action too. 


My favorite was the card from Masud. In addition to a nice greeting, he reminded me that I am a great mom. Only a few words, but they mean so much when things seem a little crazy. 


Sunday night we had dinner at Crystal Garden for Mother's day and Mother's birthday. The food was great and so was the company! Afterward, we went back to mom and dad's and had cupcakes. It was a wonderful Mother's  Day.

This week has gone quickly. I have spent a few great days at home with just Amir and he has been settling into his routine. The lactation consultant said kids start to settle into their patterns around four weeks and thankfully Amir's pattern is shaping up to be eating every two to three hours during the day and every three to four at night. The past couple nights he has slept very well and gone right back to sleep after her gets up to eat. I actually felt refreshed this week!


Today Amir and I went to visit the ladies at the office. I took this less than centered selfie of us before we left. Dorky, but I like it. We had lunch and he charmed the girls. They put together a great baby shower - way more than I expected, but I should have known they would be so generous. It was nice to see my friends and we're very grateful for the new toys, clothes and diapers. 


Amir was tired after we got  home but still posed for his weekly pictures with bunny. As  you can see, he is moving a lot more and discovering his areas and legs. He almost got into happy baby pose today ... It won't be long before he officially finds his hands and feet ... And starts rolling over. He can already roll onto his side. Strong boy! Stop growing up so fast!





I love my kiddo! I'm so grateful for the time we have together and for the time we have as a family. Amir has already enriched our lives. In only a month we have become a closer family and added so much love to our life. 

And, I put on my favorite pre-pregnancy jeans today and they fit! I wasn't quite comfortable enough in them to confidently wear them to the office, but they fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment