Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day Weekend


Lyla brought home her school seeds on Friday and we planted them in our little garden. The radish and bean seem to be doing well. No so, the marigold. Time will tell! Lyla made me a beautiful garden at school and Faye's, so we have beautiful flowers either way! I even got some coupons; I already used "make the bed."



Saturday morning we went to the park, lunch, and the zoo. I got to take a nice nap with Amir while Lyla colored and Masud cooked. It was awesome!



Today I woke to flowers and two nice cards. The kids and I went to the park again, and when we got home we were off for member preview weekend at Valleyfair! 



We had lunch at Coaster's, then packed in as many rides as we could. Lyla was proud to get her 42" wrist band and try a few things by herself. She got in line for the race cars and found the 
Johnson family! Amir got in on the action too -- his first ride!












The kids rode together on the lady bugs. I told Lyla to hold on to her brother. At first she held him a little too hard and he wasn't sure about riding, but as soon as they were moving, he had fun. Looking at the pictures I can see the love and big sister responsibility on Lyla's face. She was proud to take him on the ride and liked watching him have fun. She rode a second time by herself so she could just have fun. 






I LOVE watching Masud with the kids. He loves themo th so much and likes to make fun memories. After Valleyfair, we went to the toy store and he bought them each a new toy. He said he was going to take them on a secret mission without me, but since we were all in the car, I tagged along. 





Two thumbs up for a wonderful Mother's Day! When we brought Lyla home I was amazed that suddenly we were three. When we brought Amir home I felt even more like a family. Now that they're both able to have fun and be kids, I am beside myself with pride and joy and love for them and for Masud. This is it people. This is what it's all about!


No comments:

Post a Comment