We had a nice time with Mom and Dad Sunday after they picked up Lyla for a morning at the farmer's market and then we all met for lunch at Holy Land. We were disappointed the buffet is no longer an option, but the company was great!
Masud and I had fun helping Amir do the small slide we brought up from storage. We also had a nice time chatting on the couch and watching a movie while he took a nap. Amir hasn't been eating much lately but went to town on pita and babaganush. He is very interested in silverware, but hasn't quite mastered getting it in his mouth. The pita worked well as a vehicle for some hummus, which he liked a lot. Too bad he broke out in hives after eating it. See that little dab on his lip? He broke out all over his chin and mouth! He cried most of the way home and when we woke him up for shopping, his eyes were all red. I didn't even think about hummus being an allergen, but alas, chickpeas are a legume just like peanuts. I was going to wait out the allergy test, but we just can't put it off at this point. What if he had a really bad reaction?!
After we got home, Lyla made this mask from a cardboard box. It operates like a knight's helmet, so she can lift it off her face. She wanted it to be really spooky and drew "blood veins dripping from the eyes" and some scary pictures. She is very proud of it.
She won the hero ticket drawing at school last week and got $1 to spend at the school store as a prize. She was excited to show me the ruler, pencils, and penguin eraser she picked out. She has done very well on her school work and I am amazed at the work she brings home. She rocked out reading last week and couldn't get enough of her media book (My New Toy by Mo Willems). She read it out loud over and over again. She also brought home her writing sample this week showing giraffe letters (the tall ones) and monkey letters (the short ones). They've started learning to write letters in the dashed line guides on the paper. If she hadn't told me she wrote it, I would not have believed her. This is a huge OT win! I'm so proud of her and all her hard work!
Tonight was estem nature night at Edgewood so we stopped by for some fun. Lyla's favorites were the dinosaur dig and the nocturnal animal room. Amir liked the water tables and especially a coin game where he dropped can lids and milk tops into a slot in an oatmeal container. He's right on track! It was fun to watch them play together in some rooms and each find what interested them in others. Amir even walked between tables a little bit! He has been wearing his shoes every day and walking more and more. Today he walked to the door to greet me all the way from the living room at Faye's. It's so fun to see him gain confidence. I'm excited for the day I see him peeking out the screen door when I drive up!
I have been making time for myself this week by taking a walk each day at work. It has been great to get outside to walk around the lake and even felt good to take a short walk on the treadmill today when it was raining. I had lunch with Andrea too, which is always great. She just "gets it" which is unique. So grateful for family fun and awesome kiddos. We've started talking about summer plans and I'm excited for what the next few months will bring!








I LOVE the Piggy and Elephant books!! A Big Guy Took My Ball is one of my favorites :)
ReplyDelete