Thursday, April 30, 2015

Thursday in the Park


We've had a good week. The weather has been beautiful and we've been getting some time outside. Tonight we went to the park. 

Lyla rode her bike the whole way all by herself! It was so awesome to watch her ride away from me at top speed and to see the look on her face when she had to brake after speeding down the hill. She got distracted by another family and crashed pretty hard on the way home. She banged up her knees and one elbow. She cried, but got back on her bike and finished the ride home. I am so proud of her!

She was stiff during dinner,  but perked up when Masud got home and they watched Amazing Race. She got an email from Grandpa today and replied all on her own. It was amazing to see her typing out the words.  I had to help with some spelling, but she did the words she knew. It was yet another "wow, she's really growing up" moment. 


Amir has had a good week too. We've been through the whole week without having to go to the doctor! He has been a bottomless pit and eating everything in sight. Faye and I are both amazed at how much he eats. He especially likes when Daddy gives him cake for breakfast.

He has started to walk longer and longer distances, but still isn't super confident. I love to watch him explore the world around him. Yesterday he finally had a good night at family connections. Masud joined us for class and we were able to separate and leave Amir on the playground without him crying. When it was time for parents to come back, he was asleep in Linda's arms.


This week's biggest development is that Amir is finally sleeping through the night!! We made him cry it out last week and after two nights he has been sleeping all the way from 7 30 to 6:30. I forgot how great it is to actually sleep during the night! Not that I sleep, because I still wake up. But it's still better to only wake up once and fall right back to sleep then get up and make him a bottle.

Tomorrow is muffins with moms! Masud has had a chance to go to school twice and I'm excited to try it too. It's great to share such special times with our kiddos!  They're growing up so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment