Thursday, April 2, 2015

Happy Birthday Amir -- 50 Weeks!


Oh my goodness can it really be 50 weeks already?! Happy Birthday Baby! I can't believe in only two weeks you'll officially be a toddler. Tonight you were really tired and I don't think you were feeling good. If not for Lyla reminding me, I might have forgotten to take your bunny picture. You even feel asleep in your clothes.

Last night you cried every time we separated during family connections. I thought I was just separation anxiety -- which is very normal for your age -- but after you woke up this morning at 5:45 actually vomiting, I', not so sure you weren't just feeling yucky. Faye said you didn't eat much all day and you didn't eat or drink much of anything tonight at home either. I hope you're not getting sick. How you could be when you've not been to any new places or out and about to much and you've been on antibiotics for almost a month now because of your ear infections. I don't know, but obviously something isn't right. 

Saturday we had baking and egg dying festivities at Mom and Dad's. You liked helping Llya in the kitchen and were mesmerized by the mixer. You can't have any tastes because of the raw eggs, but Grandpa doesn't usually allow that anyway. The recent addition of the kitchen helper stool has been great and let's Lyla get right into the action. I think You were a little jealous. 





You love to laugh with Grandpa and liked sharing a lunch of chicken nuggets, fries, and fruit. You were definitely feeling much better at that point because you were super smiley and giggly. Grandma especially liked watching you do what she calls your "grandpa walk" around the living room. 

Lyla did a great job dying eggs a and even put on the stickers and wrappers to make the eggs look like Olaf. Great Grandpa B would be so proud! I still remember egg hunts at Cindy's when I was a kid. We hunted for real hard boiled eggs then, but I put together a big basket of candy-filled plastic ones to take along to David and Kim's this weekend. Back at home,  Lyla painted eggs on Sunday they turned out nicely. Now I have to find a way to eat all of these eggs ...





The weather has been amazing. Yesterday the high temperature was 83 degrees -- 30 some degrees warmer than the average high temperature.  We have enjoyed getting outside for walks and bike rides. Over the weekend Lyla rode her bike all the way to the gas station up the block so we could fill up her tires. She only made it half the way back before getting too tired and walking, but considering it was her first ride outside the garage and she was riding into the wind the whole first leg, I think she did awesome! I can tell she really feels a sense of freedom when she rides. I hope over the spring and summer she can gain even more confidence. Yet another thing I wasn't sure would be able to master and here she is just riding away. You go girl!


Amir likes to be outside and ride in the stroller. The fresh air smells so great and we all benefit from the sun and clean, fresh air. Both kids have been sleeping well this week, likely a combination of the outside time and the extra physical exertion. I have been a little sore from pushing and pulling during our walks, but nothing too rough, and certainly nothing stretching ant take care of. It's nice to finally be getting stronger and able to exercise without bring in pain afterward. Looking forward to more and longer walks as the nice weather becomes the norm (wintry mix is expected Monday again according to mpr).


Amir got another nasty allergy induced rash this week. His whole face and hands turned red and he wasn't very happy ... April fools! He loves raspberries and ate a bunch last night, but he was tired at dinner so he rubbed his red hands all over his face. As I was getting him ready for the bath, a took a picture and texted it to Dad saying Amir must have another allergy. He and Mom were both mad when I replied to their worried texts that he had only had raspberries at dinner and it was an April fool. Lyla and I laughed to ourselves, then called to laugh with the concerned grandparents. Don't worry -- karma came around when he was puking all over me, the bed, the floor, the sink, and the bathroom at the crack of dawn. 


Tonight everyone is asleep. It's been another long, busy week, but we made it through. Only a couple more weeks of the tax season and then it's Amir's birthday too! Lyla had a good appointment with Sarah K this week and rocked out pool therapy. I totally spaced on OT this week, but Kathy was cool about it. Faye is closed tomorrow, so I took the day off. Since Lyla has school it will be just Amir and I together. I'm looking forward to some QT with my little man. 

Highlights of the week are a stable scan for Lyla, Easter prep, Amir continuing to explore things on his own, great bike rides, lunch with Sabrina, and beautiful weather.  Love my kiddos and the time we share!

No comments:

Post a Comment