Friday Lyla and I went to her school playground so I could watch her climb, slide and balance ahead of her IEP review meeting. In classic style, I documented what she was able to do just in case the team didn't believe me. It made for a fun, if quick, get away for just us girls.
We had a great day with Mom and Dad Saturday. After walking to our Lund's and back with alum for the pickles we've been working on, we finished up the daily recipe step and packed up for St. Paul. Lyla had a blast playing and working outside. Amir liked feeding the squirrels with Grandma. They're like pets, really. I always tell Lyla I feel like she's Snow White because they walk right up to her.
Sunday and Monday we were home sick. I was beyond disappointed that I had to miss the Tendher Heart Luncheon (a special mom treat put on by the Chad Greenway Lead the Way Foundation) and some quality me time with Andrea. Still, lazing around half nauseated wasn't ALL bad. Dad braved the germs to watch the kids while I went to Lyla's meeting (more to come). We watched Sleeping Beauty and have even watched it again since because Lyla liked it so much. Lyla made this invention to keep her estate sale pinwheel moving. It's actually quite a soothing bedtime sound!
Yesterday we planted a garden. Lyla has loved watching her sunflower seeds from the Easter Bunny grow, so we picked up a few more little kits at Target while we did a motrin run (Amir has been miserable again this week ... Hoping it's teeth this time). Soon we will have strawberries, basil, and tomatoes! Lyla took the pictures.


















No comments:
Post a Comment