Thursday, April 23, 2015

Thursday Update


We've had a great week this week, due in no small part to Daddy being home! After our fun weekend we were ready to head into the week. Sunday night and Monday Amir decided he wanted to practice walking and took a few solo steps between Lyla, Masud and I! He gets a little excited and hasn't gone too far yet, but we counted about five steps as his longest effort. So exciting! 

Then Tuesday Lyla brought home her kindergarten graduation pictures. Look at our beautiful girl! I love how the pictures turned out and she was excited to share them. We're so proud of you Lyla and can't wait to see you walk across the stage at your school program in only a few more weeks!


Wednesday Masud picked Lyla up for therapy. Lyla chose a date night with Daddy over family connections, so I got to have time with Amir while they had a date at McDonalds. It was nice for all of us, I think. When they're not out and about, they're cuddled up catching up on Survivor episodes.

Today Amir had his one year doctor appointment. We talked about his waking at night to drink a ton and Dr. Yunis said he thinks it is likely out of habit and to let Amir cry it out once we feel he's over his sicknesses and shots. Amir weighed 25 lbs, 14 ounces today. He's lost weight three weeks in a row, but Dr. Yunis said it's likely because he's been sick -- and he's actually at a healthier weight now anyway. I didn't think babies who only eat until they're full could get fat, but whatever. Amir was 30.25 inches tall and his head was 19 inches. He's in the 63rd percentile for height and 98% for weight. I guess that's wha happens when you're born at ten pounds!

He got three shots in his legs and suffered through two unsuccessful attempts to get blood from his arm for allergy testing. The poor kid was exhausted afterward. He did a great job, really. He definitely hated being restrained more than getting the pokes. I try to be calm for him, but holding him down brings back a lot of harsh memories and guilt over all the times I have held both of them down so people could poke, prod, cath, clean, and otherwise freak them out. We stopped at Costco for diapers afterward and shared a well deserved fruit smoothie. We'll go back tomorrow for another try. Gross.


Thankfully, we had another great night tonight to make us feel better. Masud and Lyla went to "Dads and Kites" at school where they made a kite and flew it outside. Meanwhile, Amir and I headed to the pop up shop event up town in support of Andrea and her pottery business. I carried Amir in the MobyGo. He seemed to really enjoy it for the first time and it was fun to snuggle him close. We had just finished looking at all the vendors and buying a beautiful plate from Andrea when Masud called to say they were done with their kite already -- an hour earlier than our agreed upon time! We used the extra time for family dinner out then came home and Masud played with the kids while I finished some work at the kitchen table. 



I did my best to get an after-shots comparison picture, but Amir refused to lie down on the table. Instead, he flipped himself over, stood up, and started playing with the light swtich. He was very proud of himself. Now that he knows how to flip off the table, changing him is a bit of a challenge. Yet another adventure in parenting a physically able child! We're in for it with this little man, but wouldn't have it any other way!

We love having time as a family and our week has been so positive because of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment