51 weeks. Oh my gosh. Only one more week of babyhood! Next week you will officially be a toddler. I can't believe it! You haven't been feeling the best this week and hardly ate or slept over the weekend and Monday and Tuesday. I took you in yesterday to have your ears checked again and you had lost almost a whole pound! Poor baby. Thankfully your ear infections have both cleared up. Hopefully we're over that for a while. Dr. Yunis said you likely just had a little stomach bug. Hopefully the shrieking and fussiness associated with said bug will disappear soon too.
Since I had to take you to the doctor, Grandma picked up Lyla for therapy. We had fun hanging out in the waiting area playing with, chasing, and admonishing you. Lyla rocked out both therapies this week. She was sweaty from working so hard in PT and her OT was amazed by her progress (she had a different OT this week who we hadn't seen since her first visits). After therapy we had family connections where you yet again refused to play with the friends. Linda even got out special toys just for you, but you were so upset after I went to the parent room that you were upsetting the other kids. I think you just want to crash parent time. After THAT, we finally came home where we drained our batch of pickles and then made dinner. Lyla and I are trying out a pickle recipe we hope is my great grandma Emily's and which Grandma just loves. It takes ten days ... Hopefully they're good. We'll find out next week Thursday when we can finally can them!
Tonight we had chicken nuggets and fries for dinner. Everyone ate well and you did a great job drinking from your sippee cup. You're getting the hang of sucking on the cup, but still love your bottle when you really want to chug down your milk. I started giving you soy milk this week instead of formula. Sometimes I mix the two and sometimes I do all formula or all soy milk. You seem to like it. Hopefully your body adjusts to it quickly. I thought that's what might have been making you feel sick, but Dr. Yunis said it's unlikely. I bought one last can of formula this week. I think after this one's gone, that will be it. Now to wean you completely off your bottle ... And get you to sleep through the night!
You're all kinds of trouble these days. You love to crawl behind daddy's desk where I can't pull you out. The kitchen is your go-to mischief place because it has all your favorite things to get into: garbage, water, and cat food! You don't eat the cat food quite as often, but you have started putting it into Herky's water. Sometimes you pick up the random pieces on the floor and put them back in the dish. What a a great helper!
Faye said maybe we should cut off your cute ear curls because maybe they are bothering you. I thought about doing it after your bath, but then you pooped in the tub and I said forget it. I guess it was a sign that it wasn't meant to be. I didn't really want to cut them anyway; they're so cute!
Lyla had a good week despite a breakdown yesterday brought on by her teachers at school who "just stress me out so much!" I hate when that happens because there isn't much I can do but identify with her frustration, tell her I love her, and cry along with her at the injustice of being a disabled six year old.
After class last night she was mad at me for talking to a friend in the parking lot when she was anxious to get going. After Kate and I finished talking about the bassinet we handed down to them and the clothes she had brought to hand down to Amir, I buckled Lyla in and got in myself as she gave an aggravated UGH. As we drove away she said, "Why do you always have to talk to your friends about me? All you talk about is, 'Lyla has a brain tumor and if it doesn't shrink she's gonna die.'" WHAT?! She went on to say that she thinks that's all I talk about with them. I assured her that we talk about a lot of things like sharing, school, ear infections, and vision correction, and that I would never say she was going to die because she's not going to die, but she didn't believe me. Poor kid. Obviously it's on her mind. I really need to get her back on the play therapy schedule. To think I was worried about my mom telling her friends i got my period...
After we talked through it and cried it out together we headed to bed. Good thing we taped her favorite show of late, my 600 pound life, since she didn't pay much attention to it during our heart to heart. Today was early release from school and she was happy to come home, have dinner, and help me clean up. While I took our the garbage, she took it upon herself to sweep up the floor before I got back. She also put away all the silverware, helped wash the dishes, and made a bottle for Amir, all with a happy smile. She's a super awesome amazing kid. I am still blown away by her every day.







No comments:
Post a Comment