Ok, here it is, finally! Happy birthday my wonderful little man. I love you! You are happy and smiley, and now that you got some drugs for your never ending cold, you're a little bit crazy too. You fit right in! You're talking up a storm and starting to lunge for objects. You took your first bath with your sister this week and splashed and splashed. You did well sitting in just the tub like a big boy!
Sunday was our 12 year wedding anniversary. We took the kids out for lunch and then to sub-zero ice cream for a treat (doctor pepper flavor with m&ms isn't as bad as it sounds). Lyla loved seeing the mall and looking for a bike at Target. We didn't find the one she wanted, but she liked looking and seeing all of the other toys too. Amir mostly just watched from the cart. Since we didn't find her Frozen bike, Masud bought Lyla a giant stuffed Elsa instead. I got a lovely card and flowers. Later that night, Lyla turned herky's house into a pop stand. She set it all up and wrote the prices on the box, then we used crayons for money. It was lots of fun and helped us check off a few home choices too.
Monday morning we woke to find that Santa had left a special delivery for the kiddos! They got a letter and advent calendars to help them count down the days until Christmas. Both kids loved the calendars and they've made getting up easier all week!
Tuesday I picked up Lyla early from school because she had an appointment with her urologist. We had a renal ultrasound and abdominal X-ray at children's before heading to gillette for the appointment. Imaging went well and we got great news from Dr. Hou that Lyla won't need to see her again for a whole year! I was very anxious about the visit because last time she told us we might have to do a CMG if Lyla continued retaining. Since she's gotten better about going potty on her own and her scans are clear, we can skip the very invasive test and just follow up on a regular schedule. Awesome news!
After the doctor we made a quick stop at Michael's for some craft supplies. Lyla chose a couple canvases and ornaments to paint. I got a cross stitch kit. Then we picked up Amir and came home so I could finish up a few things for work. Thankfully, I am able to work at home on these crazy doctor visit days and my boss is super awesome about letting me just take the time I need. I try to make sure I put in the hours on the back end and feel pretty good that I got everything on my list done this week (or at least in a good place). Especially since we had a scan on Wednesday.
Wednesday morning we dropped Amir at Faye's early and headed to St. Paul for an MRI. Things went well and Lyla did a great job going under and waking up. The mentioned something about an inpatient stay afterward because of her central apnea, but I shut that down pretty quickly. Seriously people?! This is MRI number ... Hrm ... 30? And we've never had to stay over before ... Not doing it this time! On the way to the neuro Onc clinic we ran intor Dr. Petronio in the hall. He was happy to see Lyla and told us he was going intor surgery, but not to leave the clinic until he saw us.
The clinic was two hours of non stop questions, demos, scan review and more questions. At one point there were so many people in our 8 x 10 room that I didn't even know who all was there. Lucky us, we had a researcher sitting in to observe the experience. Great! Why do they always pick us for this stuff?
Either way, dr. Bendel said the scan looks good. December on the left above, August on the right. Massive sinus infection on the left top sent us home with antibiotics (as opposed to those black areas on the right side scan showing clear sinuses). No wonder Lyla's been complaining of headaches! Dr. Bendel said the radiologist thought the scan from Wednesday looked a tiny bit better then the one from July 2013 when Lyla went back on treatment. She, however, "couldn't appreciate the difference" and called it stable. We'll take it! Next scan in three months. Lyla impressed everyone with her progress as usual. We had to wait a while for Petronio, but he looked her over and said she looks great. He said he is surprised she's walking as well as she is and that if we need to see an orthopedic surgeon sometime in the future to rotate her leg, it would be tough since she would be set back by the atrophy for a while, but that in the long run it would be worth it. My kid is an amazing miracle. Flat out.
Thursday night we came home for a quick dinner before heading to the library and Club Prior for a Frozen party and the Roe Family Singers. Everyone there loves Lyla too and Barb snuggled with Amir at the desk while Lyla and I found a few books. Then we made cookies, did a snowflake craft, and played an Olaf game before the band started and Lyla headed up front to cut a rug. It was a really fun night! We were all exhausted, but came home and the kiddos had a quick bath before heading to bed.
Little man, you are so awesome. Some days I look at you and can't believe you are only 7 months old -- it seems like you have always been part of our family. And yet, I also wonder where those 7 months have gone! My baby boy has grown up so much! We had a quick visit to the doctor on Friday morning to rule out a uti and finally get you some drugs for your cough/cold/crud. I was wowed when you weighed in at 22 pounds 2.5 ounces. My big boy! I love you so so much and cherish the times I can snuggle you, dance with you, and watch you explore the world. I am a lucky mommy.











"Scan is stable" is all the text you need!!!!
ReplyDelete