Sunday, December 14, 2014

Adventures in Holiday Baking


Saturday we got up and got ready for picture day! Thanks to Tiffany we tried Target portraits. Amir wasn't into it and we got some shots of him crying, but all in all they turned out well. 


Afterward, we hit up the Target cafe for pretzels and popcorn. It was fun to take some fun time out and just enjoy a snack and each other. Amir sat on the table and Lyla was on her knees next to me. Everyone around us was rushing and frantic and we were just chillin'. Sometimes I get a little nuts having these kiddos all the time, but in the little times like this, I love an appreciate the simple things so much. 





After "lunch" we drove to Mom and Dad's where we helped make bags of cookies for Great Grandma's friends at the Chalet. Lyla and Dad made wreaths and Cindy came over with all kinds of treats too. It was awesome to see the table covered with so many different cookies. Having Cindy so close is great! The kids love her and I always feel extra love when she's around. 

After an afternoon with the family and cuddling with my little man, I put on a little makeup and hit up the Deutsch/Greene Christmas party. I wasn't able to go last year, but had a great time hanging out with old friends and a few acquaintances. Matt spent 10 hours decorating their tree. It was perfect, as was everything else, of course. He even made the grape salad from the New York Times as a joke (I don't need to try it again). I had a great time and felt grateful to celebrate the holiday with friends. I got a hamburger in the ornament exchange. It goes perfectly with Lyla's fries!

All in all it was a great day and night. And Amir woke up at 1230 am with a new tooth!





No comments:

Post a Comment