Thursday, December 18, 2014

Happy Birthday Amir -- 8 Months!! -- 35 Weeks!


Happy Birthday Little Man! You were officially 8 months yesterday and you're hitting all your milestones right on track. Tonight after we got home I put you on the couch so I could help Lyla take off her coat per our usual routine. Before I knew it you were on your knees and ready to crawl over to the Christmas tree! I guess we won't be putting you on the couch anymore!


You have two teeth now, but there was no way you were going to let me get a picture. You've been a little feverish this week, but not high enough to be the flu (thank God!). It must have been that second tooth really cutting its way through. I love seeing you smile and bare those adorable chompers!


You are a very supportive little brother each night when we go through Lyla's folder. Tonight she brought home her Rudolph antlers and you couldn't help but try them on. She was so cute on Tuesday with her red nose! Maybe we'll have to make another pair so you can both be reindeer at the same time. 



After therapy tonight we took hot showers to clear everyone's sinuses and get some humidified air into our lungs. Bedtime has become 730 if not earlier these days since we all have colds. Your coul seems to be resolving, but you still have chesty cough every once in a while and I've been sucking lots of stuff out of your nose. I even had to change the filter on the nose frida tonight. Lyla has a nasty cold too, but she seems to be clearing the mucus well. A steady stream of inhalers doesn't hurt. Thumbs up for swaddling clothes!


You are starting to actually get somewhere with your crawling, but you're very frustrated that somewhere is backwards. You try to crawl forward, but only seem to push yourself back. Tonight you back-crawled all the way from the bedroom into the living room, though. Great job!


And then you played peek-a-boo with Daddy until you puked. I love my boys!



We're all ready for Christmas break to be here. Lyla only has one more day of school and I'll be working from home until Wednesday. Our office is dead, so hopefully Lyla and I can have some fun at home making the last preparations for Christmas. We'll even be hosting mom and dad on Christmas Eve ... I had better start cleaning. 

Happy birthday big boy! Your are the love of my life, little man and I love watching you grow and learn new things. You have been snuggly because of your cold this week (you usually squirm away when you're ready to go to sleep) and it feels so nice to snuggle you in my arms. Someday you will think you are too big to snuggle, but you are never to big to snuggle with your MOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment