Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Birthday and First Thanksgiving Amir -- 32 Weeks!




Happy Birthday little man! And Happy First Thanksgiving! We've had a busy week and lots of fun. You're enjoying life so much and trying all kinds of new things. You are busy busy busy. And Saturday you woke up with a tooth! It has taken a few days for it to totally come through, but I think it's out for good now. I feel like it happened slowly and then all at once. You're certainly less fussy at night now that it's in. 

You are smiley and into everything. It's great to see you happy again after a week of fussing. We're in for trouble when you start crawling, which might not be too long considering you stayed in a four point stance and rocked back and forth today. I hade to help you up, but you stayed there by yourself longer than I expected. You're clapping all the time and pat me on the back when I hold you. You also talk a lot more and even though I know you're not really talking, I feeli like you are picking up a ton of words. Today I heard something very like "cat" and also a very clear "I love". You love to dance and are shaping up to be a lefty. 



Lyla had a short week at school. The highlight was the Thanksgiving feast on Tuesday. She tried all the foods family style with her friends and even won the school wide Turkey Bingo. She's a champ from way back! Wednesday she stayed home with me, came to PT with me, and after I shut down, made caramel apples! We had a fun day full of girl time before Masud got home and we picked up Amir for dinner and some shopping, then came home and made pie. It was a really fun day and got me excited for the holiday season. 


This morning was breakfast. The whole family was there and Dan joined us too. We feasted on little smokies, hash browns, cheesy potatoes, scones, and fruit. Amir even tried the sparkling juice!




Lyla got a Santa holding a hershey bar ornament. 


Amir got a baby bootie. He was more interested in the box. 


Masud got a buffalo to commemorate our finally finding the herd in Custer State Park and I got a Manatee holding her baby (since I am always holding Amir). I loved it and have started calling him baby manatee. 




If only mom were looking ...!


Check out my awesome French Silk Pie! I was very happy with my turkey garnish. 


I also love the natural light at Cindy's! I always get awesome photos there. We headed over after we got things cleaned up and read he paper at mom and dad's.  Dinner was very yummy and it was the perfect amount. Amir tried some mashed potato, turkey and cranberry salad. In another champion mom moment, I forgot to bring a bottle. At least I remembered the formula this week -- boy do I miss breastfeeding!


Amir got to spend a little time with Anastasia ... It was a little rough.  

Amir : "Hi, I'm your cousin Amir! I think you have a booger. Let me get that for you." 

Anastasia: "Gross! Get your hands off me!"


Amir: "I'm sorry, can we please still be friends. I am nice, I promise."

Anastasia: "I'm just not sure ..."

Amir: "Oh, COME ON! We're family!"


Anastasia: "Ok, I guess. But don't try to pick my nose again, ok?"


Lyla: "Come on babies, say cheese!"

All: "Cheese!"


Happy Thanksgiving to all of our family and friends! We're so grateful for all of the blessing we have in our life. Beautiful children, warm homes, and wonderful people to share them with!

No comments:

Post a Comment