Sunday, November 9, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up


After being sick all week, we needed a relaxing weekend. Yesterday we stayed home all day and watched tv, did home choices, made muffins, and watched Amir jump up and down like a crazy man. He was nuts! I raised the jumped to level three and it's like he's jumping on the moon -- he loves it!

After twelve years as Sam's Club members, we signed up for Costco last night. Lyla was excited to get her own membership card and we were interested to check out the new/different products. We came home with a cart full of stuff, as usual. 

Today I took the kids to Grandma and Grandpa's while Masud slept. They loved hanging out. Lyla and Dad went to see great Grandma and bring her McDonalds for lunch. Mom and I stayed behind and talked and took care of Amir. Then Dad  and Lyla started putting up the holiday decorations on the porch and I took a solo trip to Cecil's. By the time I got back Dad had been called to work and Lyla was hanging out with Mom and Amir. No sooner had I started to eat my totally awesome best ever potato salad than Cindy walked in the door! We sat around the table talking and reading the Target ad.  It was just like Gibbon!

Amir and I were tired when we got home, so we laid down on the bed. After I got up a few minutes later, Masud asked Lyla if she was ready for a secret mission. She was excited, of course, and they left for a big adventure. I had no idea where they were going and went back to bed. Amir and I slept for another hour, then took a bath and got our  jammies on. Shortly after, the adventurers were back and Lyla had sprouted wings!



She was proud to tell me all about their adventures and excited to make her very own mini-murph pizza. She even ate the whole thing (since she could make it without cheese)! We enjoyed a fun family night with pizza, amazing race, and playing and singing together. Lyla had to call Mom and Dad and tell them she ate her own pizza ... When they called back, she was busy making a pirate ship out of the diaper box. 




I so cherish these times with our family. Having evenings at home to enjoy each other is really special, and I love that Masud and Lyla have developed a special relationship. I also love my 1:1 time with Amir.  He is growing up so fast and I don't want to miss anything. I love every snuggle and hug, especially when it's uninterrupted time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment