Happy Birthday Amir! You're very grown up this week and have had some big firsts: your first Halloween, first constipation, first time in the high chair at home, first time puking, and best of all, you started saying ma ma ma over and over again!
Last week at this time I wasn't sure why you didn't feel good. You weren't eating and slept all night. We figured out Friday it was because you were constipated. Poor little guy! Just like your sister at this age, you're starting to have some issues with constipation. Thankfully, a combination of prunes, peas, and a couple ounces of apple juice got things moving again and you were much more comfortable.
Tuesday night, however, you were lying in your crib sleeping on your back (which almost never happens, you've been a side sleeper from the start) when I heard you cough. I thought it was no big deal and then I heard a gurgling noise. You had thrown up and were choking on it. Poor little man! I picked you up and turned you over right away to help you get it up.
You were so scared and obviously not feeling good, not to mention covered in puke. I stripped you down, wrapped you up, and pulled the sheets off your bed before hurrying you into a warm bath. You weren't a happy camper, but at least I got you clean. You were ready to sleep again as soon as I got a fresh diaper and shirt on you. Then as I talked to Faye to let her know you were sick, you puke a couple more times. Thankfully, after getting you and the bed cleaned up the second time you were done vomiting and slept well the rest of the night.
Since you were sick on Wednesday, you stayed home with me for a few hours and then stayed with Grandma Jill the rest of the day. You didn't eat much and slept a lot, but didn't have any more issues. By the time we got home last night you were a happy camper. As I sorted the laundry and put on your fresh sheets you managed to grab a dish towel and a onesie to snuggle with despite already having your monkey and a blankie. You're a fabric boy!
You had a good day at Faye's today, but didn't eat much, so I still don't think you're feeling the best. Everyone else there is sick too, except Aubrey. Even our family connections friends are sick with the same stuff -- yuk! From what I hear, our family has been really lucky to only have the nausea and vomiting and not the crazy diapers.
After eating two roast beefs and fries last night. I thought Lyla was feeling great, but when she got up today she complained that she didn't want to go to school. Since we had another heart to heart about not wanting to go to school again, I thought she was just being fussy and hoping I would let her stay home. I got her dressed, told her to suck it up an put her on the bus. And then I got a call at 8:40 from school saying she had come in crying and not feeling well, then thrown up in the nurse's office.
MOM OF THE YEAR over here, people! She asked me, "why didn't you listen mom? I thought parents always listen! You should have listened." Sorry baby girl, really I am. She spent the whole day next to me on the bed. She watched some clips on the iPad, but mostly just slept and moped. I haven't seen her sick like this in a long time, even on chemo. She too has not eaten much of anything. She had a little water, some milk and a two French fries (Thursday special dinner for Survivor night). Thankfully no one has a fever. I'm hoping we don't have to go into the clinic tomorrow because she suddenly spikes over the 101.5 mark.
mir didn't eat much tonight either, but he seemed happy. Hopefully another good night's sleep will do us all good. I found some zofran in the cupboard and gave Lyla one around 7:45. I almost threw it away when she finished treatment. If it keeps her from feeling like crap long enough to get some rest, I'm glad I kept it.
Thankfully Masud and I have yet to get sick. We've been taking turns tending the kiddos and trying to plan for the rest of the week. Lyla can't go to school tomorrow, but hopefully she will feel well enough to go to Faye's. I hate seeing her so sick. This is really her first time with a yucky flu too.
So grateful for these kiddos and for our family. All the sick and yuk and bleach melts away when I get snuggles and hear that Ma Ma Ma!




No comments:
Post a Comment