Happy 23 weeks to our awesome little man! The week was a little rough, but we made it through! Bunny is still in my trunk after sleeping over at grandma's, so Pooh bear stood in this week.
Why were the kids sleeping over? Because I took my first business trip since Amir was born. I've been anxious about it mostly because I was worried about him having enough milk. Since we've switched to formula during the day though, the pressure to produce and save enough lightened my stress just a little bit. We had a fun week and enjoyed having a birthday party for aunt Emily on Sunday (pics on my other camera, also in my trunk). Then after dinner Lyla spiked a fever and it was off to the ER. Yep, we still have to follow the protocol and go in any time she has a fever. By the time we left there it was 103.1. I went a little nuts on the nurse since last time I left and Lyla was sick I came home and she was in the picu the next day. She assured me it wasn't that nasty respiratory virus and we came home. But, fever means no school, so she was home with Daddy and Grandma M-W.
Thankfully Amir hasn't gotten whatever she had. He's been coughing, but no fever. Must be the immune boosting properties of all that breast milk! He continues to do well on soy formula during the day. I feed him from the breast during the evenings and overnight. After being apart for a few days, it was wonderful to come home to his uber smiley face. He lit up when he saw me and snuggled right into my chest. Even though I pumped while on the trip, my supply has continued to go down. He doesn't get much when he nurses, but he still likes to comfort nurse. Tonight before bed he didn't finish his bottle, but wouldn't go to bed without a couple minutes on the boob. It really is such a special bond. I'm glad I didn't give up on it entirely.
Amir is getting better at sitting up and is talking a lot more this week. His rash seems better and he has started to poop more like once a day than once an hour. Today he had applesauce at Faye's. I also let him suck on my chocolate chip cookie. His teeth are still working their way in. His shirts are always wet. And his hands are always in his mouth, but every time I think his teeth are going to break through, they sink right back in. His hair is finally growing back. I can hardly imagine him with a full head of hair, but it's growing fast, so I'm sure it won't be long before it's more visible in photos.
Tonight we had family time since we've been apart all week. It was fun to sit down and watch Survivor. Lyla loves the show and it's become a family ritual for us to have pizza and watch together. Does she have tons of homework from being gone all week? Of course, but family trumped it tonight.
Love these kiddos and my man. Being away in California was nice in a way, but I came home exhausted and missing each of them. Tomorrow is picture day and homework catch up, then we'll have a family day this weekend. 23 weeks, already! Where does the time go?






No comments:
Post a Comment