Today was a very big day for Miss Lyla -- her first day of Kindergarten! Way back when Lyla was first diagnosed, Masud asked repeatedly how long she had. How much time would we get to spend with our little girl? The doctor said more than once, "These kids don't make it to kindergarten." Since then, even though we were told otherwise only a few hours later, I have waited for today. I have waited to put her on the bus and watch her get excited -- and a little bit nervous -- about being a big kindergarten girl. Sure, school is old hat for her by now, but this isn't preschool anymore, this is the big time.
February 2012: first day of preschool, age 3 (barely)
September 2012: first day of preschool, age 3 yrs 7 mos
September 2013: first day of preschool, age 4 years 7 months
September 2014: first day of kindergarten, age 5 years 7 months
She ran to the bus and climbed right up the stairs, ready to take the school by storm.
After I buckled her in she was ready to get going ... no more pictures, mom!
I could not be prouder of you, Sweetie My Sweetie! You are an amazing little girl and have amazing adventures ahead of you. The first day of school is special for every family. For me, it will always be a reminder of just how far you have come and everything you've gone through to prove that doctor wrong. I love you Kindergartner!!







No comments:
Post a Comment