Happy Birthday Little Man!! You are 16 months old today! While I'd like to say I can't believe it, you're such a grown up boy lately that I sometimes forget you're really still a baby! You love to climb things, push stools over to the cupboards to climb on the counter, and climb into your potty chair and stand in it. You can also climb the slide and go down all by yourself!
You're a sweet boy and love love love your blankie. It goes with us everywhere and if we try to give you a different one, you're none too happy. Daddy has one in his car so we don't have to bring your favorite downstairs with us the time (it gets very dirty if you drop it in the garage), but you know it's not "the one" and mostly throw it on the floor.
You also like to cuddle your stuffed animals and the live ones too. You still call them all "puppy" but I think that's on track for cognitive development. You have taken to kissing the rooster salt shaker too. Maybe you'll grow up to be a vet.
You had a fun week with Grandma Suraiya and begged for tandoori chicken until your mouth was on fire. We tried to warn you, but you couldn't get enough. Then your eyes got big and you signed for milk over and over again! I hadn't seen you use that sign in a long thine, but I guess you still have it! You had a drink, then asked got more. No korma for you -- you're all spicy like Daddy! You also love dips, especially dipping your fries in cheese sauce then licking off the cheese and dipping it again. Thankfully you don't have to share.
I think you know you make us a little crazy and have a fun time doing it! You like to run away and give us "come and get me!" smiles. When we give chase, you laugh and laugh. You're getting to be a pretty good runner, faster and faster all the time.
You had your first real tantrum last night. Daddy and I both tried to comfort you, but you wanted nothing from either of us, so we let you cry it out on the mat. I tried to run your back to remind you we were there, but it just made you madder. Poor little guy. I think you were a little over tired from the party. You were in a place where you had clearly lost control of your emotions. You're such a happy boy that it's hard to wash you get so upset.






No comments:
Post a Comment