Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Big Kids' Room!


Today Lyla and I went through her toys and completely reorganized the kids' room. Amir has never slept in a different room than me and Lyla has been sleeping in the same bed as me for close to two years. Notice I said me; Masud was relegated to either the sofa or Lyla's twin bed. With the school year coming, we are starting new routines, and making the kids' room really theirs was step one!


Lyla likes that her bed is kind of a fort. She has her own space there and a place to get away. Amir can't get on the bed yet, so she can have her own place. I can't wait to see how she dresses it up!


We've got a place to read together, or for me to sit while they're falling asleep. While we packed a TON of toys away, we still have lots left to chose from. Lyla's wheelchair is almost like a recliner!


They've got play space too. Amir loves that he can just walk up to the shelf and play. Lyla has her things in crates or buckets on the higher shelves. 


I think it turned out nicely. It's a much better use of space and gives everyone their own place, including me! I hope to use the new space in the bedroom for a desk for myself, something I haven't had at home for a very long time! And, of course, I'm excited to have Masud back in the big bed. Here's hoping tonight goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment