Thursday, June 4, 2015

Lucky Fin!


Last night I checked on Amir in his crib and he was snuggled up with his teddy. So cute! This morning, Amir woke up with a dirty diaper and then came to sleep in the big bed. I got up to take a shower and when I came out, both kiddos were snuggled in their blankies. Masud was asleep on the couch. Spoiled much? 


Everybody got up and ready for the day. On the way out, Amir grabbed a dinosaur. His favorite is this T-Rex. He did a great job walking to the elevator, but did get a little distracted and want to turn down the other hallway. 


Lyla fell down the stairs Monday and smacked her face on the cement. Thankfully she was ok and made it through the day at school. She had a little mark at the end of the day, but no big bump or bruise and no cut. She must have caught herself and then slid onto her face, otherwise it would have been much, much worse. Yesterday she had another hot flash. Now that we know how to handle it, The nurse just lets me know, gives her a snack, and puts her to bed. Once she naps she's just fine. So strange. We'll definitely be asking about it the clinic this week since it has happened two weeks in a row at alsmot exactly the same time of day. 

She did great at game day on Tuesday and won tug of war against the fifth graders. She also got to play bocce ball and other outside games with her class. She loved it and can't wait for the school walk-a-thon tomorrow. I want to join, but Amir has an appointment at the allergist in the morning and she has to have her port flushed in the afternoon. She has been bringing home schoolwork and artwork from throughout the year and I am amazed. Yesterday she brought home a portrait and I was blown away. It was striking! 


I have been back in pt for a few weeks and this week I graduated again. The SI belt has really helped and I am learning to listen to my body better. I have had a bad cold this week and it's been rainy, but I got out for a walk today. I saw a crane, some turtles, a bunny, and a pair of geese with five young goslings. It's so great to watch the changes to the pond each time I walk. Today I weighed in and lost another pound, which beings me to lucky 13. I had a cookie to celebrate. Just keep swimming!!

No comments:

Post a Comment