Saturday, June 27, 2015

Yesterday

All my trouble seemed so far away ... In a very good way: 

1. My awesome boss said I get my work done, so go ahead and focus on the kiddo while we were at the hospital. No need to check in. I so appreciate how wonderful and supportive she is.

2. My kid loves getting sedation. She is excited to get her Dr. pepper mask and sits quietly watching tv while they access her port. She even crawled from her pre-op bed onto the anesthesia table an happily laid down to go off to sleep. A little weird, yes, but it's her life and I'm grateful she enjoys it. Next time we'll try it without sedation (she'll get to wear movie goggles instead).

3. While I was waiting for Lyla's MRI to finish, I checked my facebook feed and the SCOTUS decision to legalize gay marriage in all 50 states was all over my news feed. I turned on the tv just in time to see President Obama give a speech, and celebrated with my friends via social media. I sat there and cried happy tears as other people strolled casually by the TV. Love wins!

4. Lyla woke up well and we headed to the clinic. We saw Dr. Bendel before our scheduled time and she had great news -- the scan was stable!! Woot woot! Yesterday on the left, August 2014 on the right.


5. I lost 20 pounds. For real.

6. And then today, we found out that a family friend who just came home from the hospital yesterday and was awaiting a lung transplant will be getting her new lungs today. One day on the transplant list -- that has to be a miracle. 

So many blessings in our life. We have so much for which to be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment