Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy First Halloween!


Happy Halloween! Amir had a Great first Halloween. The day started with choosing an outfit. We tried tigger, but the pants were way too small. Next we tried the trick or treat outfit. I was a little too short, but not uncomfortably so. 



Shortly after this, Amir fell off the bed. We combined outfits for his day wear. I went to Lyla's school party to help man the "pin the nose on the pumpkin" station. It was great to meet her classmates and a few other moms. I loved seeing all the little princesses and flouncy outfits in stark contrast to Lyla's "Rocky -- you know, the famous puncher?" costume. She's so awesome!


The kids got cards from Grandma and Grandpa in the mail. Both liked them; Amir ate part of his envelope, then waved the card around for a long time. Soon after Ryan and Emily got here and then Daddy was home and it was time to head to Faye's for dinner.






We had awesome homemade soup and chili and bread and, of course, Rice Krispie bars. Faye wins Rice Krispie bars for all time. I had 3. Next up was a few pictures and then it was time to commence with the trick or treating. 




Both kids trick or treated along both sides of Parkwood drive. After a couple house on Toronto it was time for Amir to take a break. Lyla did the whole rest of the street and walked the whole way. After her cold and tired little legs literally crumpled under her, we decided that was the last house. 









We had a great time sorting candy and laughing at Amir's funny noises and faces. He said "uncle" or something like it. We also heard something very like "I like dad." We hope to make this a new family tradition. I can't wait to take Ryan's kid out someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment