Happy Birthday Little Man! I can't believe it's already October or that you're almost six months old already! We've had a lot of fun this week with the Step Up walk and Valleyfair. You're always up for anything and tale very well.
You're growing longer and longer. This onesie is a 12 months and the pants are 6-9 months. I had to go buy you socks today because all of the ones we have are too small for your feet! I also bought you a winter hat and mittens since it's super cold and wet all of a sudden. Tomorrow's high is only 44!
Thumbs up for Bunny! You enjoy playing with Bunny, Monkey and Pooh. You're also excited to play with your blue and green o-ball rattle and of course you still love to put any kind of fabric or blanket right up to your face. We've been doing finger plays and songs and you like the Italy bitsy spider (and his grumpy, sad and silly friends). You also like wheels on the bus -- especially the "Grandpas" verse.
You continue to love love love your thumb. I'm starting to get a little nervous about how we're ever going to wean your off of it. You're officially waned off breast milk now. I have a bunch stored in the freezer, but since you still seem to be having some tummy issues, we'll stick to soy formula for now. Your pooping issues have gotten much Bette,r but now you've started to spit up a lot. Sometimes I feel like you just aren't getting enough, but you're certainly growing fast enough, so I don't think you're missing out.
Tonight you started holding your own bottle a little bit. It was mostly empty, but it still counts! W have been reading several books each night now that Lyla is in school. Your like to listen when I read her book choices, but really get excited about your favorites. So far you really like Little Blue Truck. You almost ate Pajama Time! yesterday.
Lyla likes to read to you and you're a great reading partner for her. Tonight while you ate, she made up her own story to match the little blue truck pictures. She's so good at memorizing stories word for word that it's more fun to have her make up her own story than try to actually read the book.
I was amazed when she came home from school earlier this week and said, "Mom, listen to me read this book." and pulled out a small paper book from class. Sure enough she read it word for word. There were a few small mistakes, but for the most part, she read everything correctly! She also got reward stickers on her homework this week and was a Grainwood Hero for doing so well at nap time. Even though it totally wipes her out each day, she loves school and learning new things.
Her dream Bead of Courage came in the mail this week. It was made in Arizona on the bead challenge day. Lyla was proud and excited to open her very own one of a kind Rainbow Dash bead!
Family Connections started back up this week. Lyla and I were both looking forward to it. We missed all of our friends over the summer! It's strange to think that at one time Lyla was the youngest kid in the class and now she's the oldest. I feel really lucky that we've always had such an awesome and supportive group. This week I took the step of setting up a private group on facebook so we can all chat and share ideas or questions during the week. Hopefully we can keep the group alive after this year is over and Lyla isn't eligible anymore (kindergarten is the cutoff). I had coffee with Melanie this week and felt so renewed. These people are a true blessing in my life.
I love these kids, and our family. The other night I was in the kitchen packing lunches and looked over to see this on the couch: my wonderful hubby playing with both kiddos while the cat laid by for moral support. I am very lucky to have a rich home life and so many friends with whom to share our stories -- Marilyn, that means you!










No comments:
Post a Comment