Thursday, October 9, 2014

Happy Birthday Amir -- 25 Weeks!


Happy birthday Amir! I can't believe you will be six months old next week! You're loving sitting up to play with your toys now and you're curious about everything. Fabrics are still your favorite, but you like your train and car too. You especially like your submarine at bath time. 


Anything within your reach is fair game these days. You like to grab all the animals in your crib and pull them close. When I put you on the counter for dinner time, you grab whatever is around you. Tis week you reached out and flung Daddy's mug full of water on the floor. Oops! I guess we'll have to watch the reach of your monkey arms! You're not a fan of rolling over. I've seen you do it a couple times, but I think since you an reach so many things without doing it, you're just not that motivated. 


We went to ValleyScare this weekend and Lyla did the trick or treating, craft, and a few rides. You an I hung out in/by the stroller to keep warm. Thumbs up forum this week --yay! Notice your thumb is red and chapped. I wonder why ... Not! It's in your mouth ALL THE TIME. Faye noticed it too. Compared to your lefty thumb, which is soft and supple, your righty is rough and sometimes even red and sore looking. I fear we're in this thumb sucking thing for the long haul. 


Lyla and Daddy rode the "wheel of fortune" for the first time this week . They seemed to like it. She is also into the "super cat" roller coaster. 


You're doing a great job self-feeding with your baby mum mums. They're less messy this week and you seem to be getting more into your mouth. We let you suck on a French fry on Sunday and you got SO mad when I took it away. You were just holding it your righty while you sucked your thumb and screamed when I tried to take it away because chunks were starting to break off in your kung fu grip. 


You tried carrots this week and you love them! I also offered you peas. You ate a few bites, but weren't nearly as excited about them as you have been to try other foods. You also had some oatmeal cereal this week. You really like it, especially mixed with a little applesauce, but I am careful not to give you too much since the iron seems to be tough for you to process. Whenever you have cereal, even just a teaspoon, you have thick and very dark poops. Faye and I were both a little worried that you're getting constipated, so tonight you tried prunes for the first time. You chowed them down! Here's hoping it takes enough time to go through your system that you poop for Faye and not for me!


You continue to be a very happy baby. You couldn't stop staring at Dr. Kubic this week when we took Lyla in. He said you're very attentive and that you looked like you would be a bruiser. We told him you're a snuggler. Good news from pulmonology is that is breathing well. Her test scores were consistent with normal breathing for her age for the second check up in a row! She asked Dr. Kubic if she could have a break from her mask on Friday and Saturday nights and he said yes as long as she doesn't get too tired or get headaches (signs she's not clearing carbon dioxide from her blood).


You love love love your sister. You follow her voice wherever he goes. Soon you'll be crawling right after her to tag along. "Mom. Can't you see I'm hanging out with Lyla right now?!" Yep, I'm in trouble with these two. :)




Lyla turned in her October reading log and got her first BookIt! slip. She has been doing great at school and her teacher said she's a social butterfly.  



You have a cold this week and I have  to suck out your nose before bed. You hate it, but it really does make things better. The weather is cold now and your cheeks are chapped. It doesn't seem to bother you, but I still want it to heal up. 

I'm falling asleep as I type. You've been better the past couple nights, but I never know what the nights will bring. You're getting closer to stun, but not quite there. Love you little man!!










No comments:

Post a Comment