Thursday, August 21, 2014

Lyla's Last Chemo!


Last night w got what we hope will be our last home delivery of chemo and infusion supplies. I can't believe it's already been a year since Lyla started this round of treatment - much less that it's been 3 & 1/2 years since she was first diagnosed!


Our regular nurse was on vacation this week so we didn't get to celebrate with her, but the backup nurse Sandie was really nice. Lyla did great and got some bubbles as her prize. She also got a special tiger sticker instead of a band aid.


Afterward we celebrated with a Hershey bar. Next week she'll have her scan and then we'll hopefully be able to really celebrate and officially go off treatment. This doesn't necessarily mean she will never have chemo again, but if her scan is clear, she will be able to go off treatment until a follow up scan shows growth. Here's hoping that never happens! This is just the end of the beginning for our awesome little lady. She's been through more in her short life than most kids will go though their whole lives. 

Back in the day I used song lyrics to celebrate her milestone victories. Tonight the most fitting thing I can think of is this: "I've got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire, cause I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar!"

Roar on my fighting tiger girl. I couldn't be more proud of you and everything you have accomplished. You are an inspiration to many and a true blessing to me. I love you more than I could ever express.

No comments:

Post a Comment