Thursday, August 14, 2014

Happy Birthday Amir --17 weeks!


I love this little man! Happy birthday Amir! It's your golden week this week. I feel like this week went super fast. Even though I can't really remember what all we did. Your legs are much better since last week, but they're not quite healed up. The yeast seems to also be in your neck and a few of the rolls on your legs. As long as we keep you creamed up your other rash stays in check. Tonight I noticed you itching it a little bit. 

Friday afternoon Lyla had chemo at the clinic. She did well getting it even though it wasn't her usual nurse or doctor. Both Daddy and i were annoyed that we had to go in considering they barely saw Lyla. The head of the department came to do her exam and while she was nice, she hardly touched Lyla. She remarked that she hadn't seen us since Lyla was in the hospital and what a remarkable difference there was. She asked, "are you happy?" Really, lady? Sure, I'm happy given everything we have been through, but not because of anything you did. Lyla is the one who has persevered throu all this. She's the one who had to relearn to hold her head up, roll over, and walk.  All of which, by the way, were things Gillette helped her do. I just don't get it and was very annoyed. Tonight she had chemo and she'll get it next week, hopefully for the last time ever. They better give her one heck of an end of treatment party this time. 


Saturday we went shopping in the morning. Lyla helped me pick out some underwear for Sabrina's bachelorette gift and then we went hopping for school supplies! Lyla was very exited to pick out her things. She chose a pink binder and a Lisa Frank folder with a rainbow cheetah cub on it. Everything else was just the basics like crayons (4 boxes) and markers (washable, 2 boxes). 

Lyla and Masud went to Valleyfair in the evening while Amir spent time with April and the Johnson family. I got to have a night out with the girls and celebrate my amazing friend. We had a great time at the Foshay and the Red Stag. I had to pump in the car twice during the part, but it worked out fine. I was even able to save what I pumped and got through the weekend without having to use any of my frozen milk -- a huge win for me! I was proud of myself and my dedication to breastfeeding. I was really stressed about it again last week and now I'm back on track again. 


Sunday we had a fun family day at the zoo. Lyla was excited to see the Red Panda was back on exhibit. She likes that she an see one of her favorite Kung Fu Panda characters in real life. We also saw the bird show for the first time in a long time. It was great and Amir was following the irds as. Tey flew around the audience. This week I tried carrying him in the moby wrap. Other than the fact that it rubbed on his legs a little, it worked great. I used the hip hold this time since he's getting strong enough to sit up more and it was far more comfortale for both of us then the baby bjorn. Not to mention, I loved having Amir all snuggled to my chest when he decided it was nap time.



Lyla and Masud continue to have a good time at home together during the day. Lyla has officially finished swimming lessons and got stars on almost all of the skills. She was excited that Jennifer took her down the slide twice today. We're hopeful he can continue with swimming during the next session. 

Amir has done well at Faye's most of the week. Yesterday he had a gigantic blowout there. Faye said she used about 40 wipes to clean it up. Way to go little man! Good work saving those big ones for daycare! Even though he pooped all over her, Faye still let us borrow an extra jumped she had. Amir LOVES the jumper, people. Loves! Last night I put im in there while I got Lyla ready for bed. A hour later I realized he wasn't in the crib ... He was happily hanging out in the living room with Masud and bouncing away in there! His legs are really strong. And long! He is already on the level two height setting.




A couple weeks ago we heard a very distinct Ma-Ma from Amir. Tonight I heard a fair approximation of La-La. Amir isn't doing it on purpose, of course, but it's still fun to hear him start using consonants. He has started to recognize his own name and looked at me several times tonight when I called out to him. 


Lyla had her kindergarten interview tonight at school. She had to go one on one with the teacher and do some basic skills tests to determine where she's at. The teacher came out afterward and said she's definitely ready for kindergarten. Duh! They gave us a worksheet with the things they tested and she knew almost all of them. Her vocabulary is incredible. I'm used to her talking like an adult, but eveni was surprised tonight when she came into the kitchen and told me she was "feeling morose" because we hadn't been able to snuggle as much as she wanted. Seriously?! I totally love my kid!


I'm loving watching these two grow up together. They love each other so much already.  I can't wait to see them become friends. I think we're in trouble when they can finally team up to make mischief. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment