Thursday, August 7, 2014

Happy Birthday Amir -- 16 Weeks!


Happy Birthday Little Man! Today was a little nuts, but that's what makes birthdays fun, right?! Right! You've gone back to waking up a few times in the night, but you're usually up and ready to go around 6:45. Perfect timing! Your sleep pattern is taking shape. You're usually ready for bed around 8 or 8:15 and go down happily in your crib all by yourself. Lately you wake up around 11:30, 2:30, and 5:30. You're very good at eating and going right back to sleep. 


I have been stressed out all week trying to make sure you have enough to eat at Faye's. When you were sleeping through the night a little, you needed about 15 ounces. Jumping from 12 to 15 ounces doesn't seem like much, but I have been pumping three times at work and in the evening. So far I have been able to keep up. Hopefully I can continue to feed you for at least a little while longer. 


Even if you don't eat quite 15 ounces at daycare, you're definitely growing. Today at the doctor you weighed in at 16 lbs 8 oz. Why were we at the doctor? The nasty eczema that covers most of your chest, elbows and the backs of your knees got infected and weepy.  I dropped you off at Faye's and she called about three minutes after I left and said there was water coming out of your legs. The rash behind your knees was angry and red and weeping clear fluid, kind of like an aloe plant. 

I took you to the doctor and they checked you out. Dr. Schmidt said the rash is definitely eczema and that it probably cracked your skin enough behind your knees to allow yeast to take advantage and move in. Since we already have the yeast powder he said to put that on you twice a day for three weeks. Two weeks to get rid of the yeast and one week to be sure it's gone. In the mean time, he explained how to wet wrap you. I am supposed to soak you in the tub and then slather you with Vaseline and put on some jammies three nights a week. When you're not sleeping, I'm supposed to put cream on you several times a day. So far, the four layers of eucerin cream have our tummy looking a little better, but the doctor said it will take time to heal and will likely come and go in a flare up fashion. 



After I got you all creamed up, you went back to Faye's and had a good day. You're overtired tonight and finally sleeping. You've been a very happy boy all week except Tuesday when you had a tough day at daycare. Maybe your legs had something to do with it. Who knows. Otherwise, you're doing great at Faye's and loving family time at home. Today I walked in and you were going to town in the jumpy. You were moving so much and sitting up so well it took me a minute to realize it was you in there! You love the bumbo too and have rolled from your tummy to your back a few times. 

You still have your hands in your mouth all the time and this week you've become excessively drooly. We even have to change your shirt sometimes or put bibs on you. You've also started pooping more often. The teeth must really be on their way!


Lyla has been having a fun week home with Daddy. She loves swimming each day and is making awesome progress. Today she floated on her back all by herself for a second. Jennifer said Lyla was physically able to keep floating on her own, but was worried about getting water in her mouth. We are already thinking we will sign her up for the next session so she can keep learning. 




Tonight we cleaned and did the laundry. We set out to make muffins too, but didn't quite get there. Oh well! We're enjoying lots of family time and Lyla and Masud are having a great time together, they've been to Valleyfair twice this week and have an exercise routine each morning. I love seeing Lyla sit on his lap and hang all over him. Amir has had some more dad time too. They love to watch Mad Money together, just like Lyla always did. I think babies like the continuous movement of the stock ticker. Off to get the laundry and then I'm off to bed!











No comments:

Post a Comment