Thursday, August 21, 2014

Happy Birthday Amir -- 18 Weeks!


Not much new to report since Monday, but we can't let a weekly birthday go by! You've been extra drooly the past few days and you're not eating as much because all you want to do is chew on the nipple, whether it's me or a bottle. Those teeth must be getting close!

Your nails are growing super fast and last night you took a chunk out of your forehead. It really wasn't that bad, but Lyla thought you needed a band aid. I. Came out from changing into my pajamas to you looking a little silly. She's such a great big sister and loves you very much. Daniel Tiger on tv got a little sister this week and all the shows have been about coping with being a big brother. Lyla has kind of outgrown the show a little bit, but it was clear that this week's episodes have struck a cord. 


Amir learned to splash in the bath this week. He likes to giggle and see the water squirt from a seal toy we got from Tiffany's garage sale. He is supposed to sit in there with a washcloth on his chest to help his eczema, but tonight all he wanted to do was ga it and suck the water off. After he got out and was all set I gave him a clean cloth I had in the freezer for a couple minutes. He chewed it for a while as he watched Mad Money with Daddy. 

In other news, I went to the doctor this week to get my pelvis issues figured out. There's nothing structurally damaged, but the doctor took it seriously none the less and referred me for PT. He said he would also like me to see a chiropractor and probably a physiatrist. Ultimately, while the pain might improve over time, it's more likely to get worse as my body continues to compensate for the weakness.

Happy news is that I have been able to pump a full twelve ounces for Amir two days in a row this week! I was ready to maybe start supplementing a little, and even tried giving him a bottle Tuesday night when we had dinner out. Then, sure enough, adding those ten extra minutes to my pump sessions finally paid off!

No comments:

Post a Comment