Monday, August 5, 2013

Homeward Bound





Today we came home from the land of First Nations, Beavers and Maple Leaves. We had a good day at Fort William yesterday. We walked around the whole fort with our guide, but Lyla's favorite part was the native encampment. She talked with the woman a lot and learned how to make popped wild rice. We're planning to try it at home soon. It was delish!





She got a little nasty during the tour and insisted on getting drinks, being pouty and generally keeping 
Masud and I from ever actually listening to the guide at the same time. Once we got to the farm section she was interested and loved feeding the animals. She talks to them and notices everything about each one -- jus like her grandma Jill!

She fell out of the stroller and face planted in the rocky path which was scary for all of us. Thankfully other that a title dirt in her mouth and my feeling SO guilty there weren't any horrible accidents, just a little scrape on her forehead and some rock impressions on her nose. 


We had Little Caesars for dinner and Lyla ate 6 of the 8 breadsticks! All that walking and swimming really works up an appetite! H loved the pool and we went twice yesterday. I was fun to see her getting more and more comfortable in the water. She thinks it's funny to splash me and she definitely prefers to be with Masud when she's in the water.


This morning they made coffee together and she was in charge of the cream, sugar and stirring. Seriously adorable. I love watching those two together. 



On the way home we stopped in Grand Marais for lunch at DQ where they still do double dipped cones and I got to enjoy a cherry crunch coat cone. So yummy! Afterward, Lyla and I both fell asleep and work up just before Two Harbors. We made a quick stop at Brighton Beach to pick rocks by "the pond" and then hopped back in the car for the rest of the ride home. 

Things went well and we were home by 6:30 (7:30 Canada time). I had to move all of our stuff from the third floor storage into the first floor storage and took so long Masud and Lyla came to check on me. I got it all in though, and burned off the ice cream just in time for PaPa Murphy's for dinner. After books and bath, it was time for bed! Off to start a busy busy week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment