Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Tuesday Morning

Lyla and I are chilling at the hospital this morning. Se is only on propofol today so they can turn it off when they're ready to pull out her tube. Yep, they're gonna try pulling it today! Just because it comes out doesn't mean it won't go back in, but I'm hopeful she will be cleared for breathing on her own. They will use bipap to help her if she has trouble keeping her sats up after she's extubated.

We have had a fun morning together. Karyl is her nurse so there's lots of snarky banter happening. Can't wait until Lyla can talk to her too. Lyla loves the bubbles she got from Emily and has been smiling while I blow them and have her pop them with each of her 4 extremities. She keeps asking to play again. She also gave me some pretty strong kicks on the bed today and thought it was funny when she kicked me over.

We're trying to let her rest now since she will have a big afternoon. She is finally off precautions, so people don't have to robe to come in anymore, which is really nice.

Best part of the day so far is getting a care package from Great Grandma and Cindy! Lyla liked her hello kitty blanket and will love the chex mix as soon as she is able to eat it. I had one of the yummy protein bars for breakfast. Thanks so much for thinking of us!



No comments:

Post a Comment