Today was up and down for Lyla.
She was down on her precedex and more awake and frustrated than she was yesterday. She had periods of rest when her nurse, Rachel, gave her some Ativan, but otherwise she was all over the place. I can tell she is getting frustrated, bored and mad. She doesn't want to stay in bed anymore or be told what to do. Every time the nurses turn her on her side she just rolls right back over onto her back and splays her legs apart. It's good to see her being herself. I am anxious for her to be extubated.
After not pooping since Tuesday Lyla's tummy was quite bloated this morning. Thankfully she had five dirty diapers and it's much better tonight. Her belly if soft again and I have to think she feels better. At one point today she was having trouble with her foley catheter so they removed it. Unfortunately, after 8 hours of her not going they had to put another one in tonight. Things were looking irritated this morning so I'm glad she had a little reprieve at least.
Katie the music therapist came today. Lyla rested through some live guitar music and then danced while I showed Katie the gummy bear video. We discovered it's the same bpm as her medi neb Lyla gets and I hum it to myself every time.
Lyla did two 4 hour stints on Cpap today and passed with flying colors. Nt only did she sat well on only 30% O2, she also kept her venous blood gases at good levels. With 8 total hours today we are hoping they will move to extubation soon.
We had visits from Uncle Ryan, Grandma and Grandpa today. Ryan did some great artwork and I finally taped the pictures to the wall. She's also got one from Sebastian -- love it buddy! She also got a balloon and unicorn from her friends Sydney and Samantha on her bus. Matt stopped over tonight with dinner for me and a lovely gift basket with a few things for Lyla but mostly treats for Masud and me. Lyla has got quite the cheer corner going in her room now! Thanks to everyone near and far who is checking in via text, calls or comments! It's great to know what's happening in the outside world!
Hopefully tomorrow is a good day! Photo caps:
1. Balloon and unicorn from Sydney and Samantha.
2. Lyla holding the matching pony card.
3. BINGO! Lyla won Minneapolis bingo today. I got to call in and be on TV on her behalf. We still don't know what her prize might be.
4. Basket from Matt with lots of my favorite things. Earl Grey = my fave.




No comments:
Post a Comment