There's no therapy on Sundays and nothing else to get up for either so Lyla slept in until almost 11:00 today! She must have been exhausted! After getting up, she ate her English muffin and we got dressed and went for a walk. When we got back, I went to get a drink and when I can back Grandpa and Grandma were in the room with Lyla. They had fun hanging out finishing Lyla's lunch and when she was d one, Faye, Jeana and Malissa came in.
Lyla was a little shy at first, but eventually warmed up and played with some of the goodies the ladies brought. It was good to have visitors and chat in the clinic area for a while. I also got some awesome Mac and cheese and Rice Krispie bars -- yummy! Thank You!
After everyone left Lyla and I had rest time. She watched Peppa Pig while I snuggled with her on the bed and took a nap. She kept shaking me and telling me to wake up, but I just kept falling back to sleep. Eventually we got up and played for a while before dinner came (pot roast again tonight). After Lyla was done eating I put her on the bed with her chewy tube and the TV and headed to the RoMac for some dinner. Tonight the volunteers made chicken wild rice casserole, baked potatoes and fruit salad. I didn't eat much since I was still kind of full from Mac and cheese, but it was a nice 15 minutes on my own.
When I got back, Lyla wasn't in the room. I found her walking down the hall to the playroom with her nurse, Maggie. We played barn for a while and then it was time for Lyla's bath. She finally got her hair washed (I let the bath aide do it) and then we got dressed in her jammies for the Easter party another family put on. They did a great job setting up an egg hunt for the kids and everyone got lots of candy and a small gift. It wasn't quite the same as last year when Lyla and I went to the Lakefront Park egg hunt, but we still had fun and this was a lot warmer.
Tomorrow starts another week of therapy. Things will probably be a little more intense for her this week, but she's loving it and really getting her strength back. They cut back on her nebs today, so she'll only get one tonight. I'm hoping she'll be asleep by 8 so she's ready for the day tomorrow.
Have a great week everyone!
Pics: fun with Faye, going through her goodies, with her egg hunt basket, happy Sunday everyone!




No comments:
Post a Comment