Ok, for real, Lyla is 5 years old already?! I can hardly believe I'm writing this! While Lyla's official birthday isn't until next week, we had her family birthday party on Sunday to celebrate one super-awesome-amazing little lady. She has grown up so fast and had so many adventures in her short life that I often feel like she's much older than 5, yet at the same time, I can't beleive it was only 5 years ago that she joined our family!
Lyla had a very specific request for Grandpa this year when it came to her cake. She didn't want any figurines, just an edible image of all the Mane Six. And it had to be rainbow cake on the inside. Of course she got exactly what she wanted -- gotta have the best for Grandpa's girl!
This birthday candle took a long time to brun this year sicne it's getting so much thicker as Lyla gets older. We bruned it through the party and still didn't make it through the 5 to the 6. We'll have to light it again during her friends party this weekend.
Lyla chose Faye's chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for the menu. I was nervous to make the soup (from scratch of course), but it was easy adn turned out delicious. I think everyoen liked it and Masud has been going to town on the leftovers. Great choice Lyla! And thanks to Faye for answering all my annoying questions all week!
There was no shortage of gifts! Lyla got several new outfits, a puzzle book, nailpolish, some cash, a necklace and a Doc McStuffins game for her tablet. After she was done opening, she sat in the middle of the paper and said "Thank you everyone for the nice gifts" without any prompt or reminder. Such a polite little lady!
Next it was time for cake. Thanks to Aunt Emily for some great pictures. Lyla enjoyed her piece of cake and was excited to show off the rainbow inside. We all found it delicious! Afterward, Lyla and Uncle Ryan burned off their cake with a little Jillian Michaels. Lyla had a blast as she did core work, lifted weights and this jumping jacks (or a close approximation thereof) with he crazy uncle. She was actually sweating by the time there were done, but she was laughing and smiling the whole time.
Five whole years have flown by, little lady! You are such and awesome kid and we are lucky to be your parents. I love spending time with you every day and am so proud of who you are growing up to be. This week we've got kindergarten sign up -- I can't believe it! Thanks for always making me smile and laugh and reminding me about what's really important in life. I can't wait to see what the coming year brings -- so many BIG things to look forward too! We love you Lyla Mavis!!

















No comments:
Post a Comment