Friday, January 3, 2014

December Week 1 and 2

Yep -- it's gotten to that point -- It's been a whole month since I've posted. Decmeber flew by. Here's a recap:

A few days after Thanksgiving Mom, Carrie, Emily and I had tea at Cafe Latte. Last year we made cookies and everyone ended upgetting sick, so we thought this wouldbe safer. It was a fun time to get together and we even did a little Grand Ave. shopping afterward.



Over the weekend, Lyla and I put of the crib for Pandy and made some masking tape relief paintings to hang above it. We had a good time painting together and were both proud of the result. They're not perfect, but they were made with love. Since then, I've gone through the storage and found a bunch of things that were Lyla's that Pandy can use too. Thankfully, we seem to have saved just the right things (or fortuitously not sold things on the garage sale).



We celebrated Masud's 39th birthday on Sunday Dec 8 with the family. We had spaghetti pie and flan. Lyla had a great time helping Masud open gifts and blow out his candles. Thanks for Mom and Dad and Ryan and Emily for coming out in the snow to celebrate!



Monday Grandma Suraiya came to visit from Boston. It was snowy, but she made it out and everything was on time. We had a fun week hanging out and just having family time. On Wednesday, Lyla, Grandma and I went to a special Wishes & More event put on with Disney on Ice. We got to go behind the scenes of the show and meet Mickey and Minnie. Our friends Vanessa, Anikah and Joey were there too!  Lyla wasn't very excited to meet them after a long day, but we still had fun -- and got free tickets to the show!




Busy, right?! It was fun to get out and try a couple new things. Pandy was there for it all, but mostly making himself known by keeping me from sleeping. I woke up several nights in the middle of the night  and ended up watching strange videos like Titanoboa on YouTube. At least I got to say good morning to Masud when I was up at 4 am!

No comments:

Post a Comment