Sunday, July 17, 2016

Cousin Time!


The past few days we spent with our family just outside Dallas. The kids had a blast with their cousin Maheen and we saw a few more TX attractions too. Amir loved Maheen's cars, remote control cars, and his drone. Finally a boy to play with!!


Lyla had fun too. They played Sorry Sliders and soccer and watched movies. It was fun to see them get along like they have known each other forever. I'm so glad they got to know their other family!


Friday we went to the 6th floor museum at Dealy Plaza. They don't allow pictures, so I don't have any, but we all liked it. Lyla thought the audio tour with headphones was especially nice and she was genuinely interested in the events leading up to and after the Kennedy assasination. I thought it was very well done and would definitely go back to spend more time there.

Yesterday we somewhat reluctantly visited the George W. Bush Library and Museum. In the hot weather we thought it was a better choice than the arboretum. While it was very Bush focused (obviously), the exhibits were interesting and even Amir had fun. They had a road to the white house exhibit that was actually really cool. 


Amir gave his convention speech, reading JFK off the teleprompter.


I was excited to see Lyla so interested in the eh whole process of building a platform and voting. Never too early to get kiddos involved!


Amir liked the kids reading area about Laura Bush. We took turns reading to him while the other looked around.


There was a big section dedicated to 9/11. It struck me that my kids will only know it as a historical event, like I remember Pearl Harbor. I don't want to think about what the formative event will be for their generation.


Taking turns in the Oval Office was a highlight for sure:


Lyla was hungry after a long day ...


But both kiddos liked the interactive game about the Bushes' dogs 


Amir has had fevers on and off for the last couple days, but is mostly on good spirits. We're on our way home today! We had a great time in TX and agreed that despite the heat, we saw some awesome sights and loved being with our family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment