Last week we had a team lunch combined with a bridal shower for my friend Jessiy at work. She sent the veil I made home so Lyla could wear it, but Amir grabbed it instead. He loves headbands and wore it all the way into the house!
I was on PTO Wednesday Thursday Friday and LOVED spending time with Mom, making breakfast for Grandma T, and thrifting around the 'hood. Masud was amazed at my ability to spend hours looking through cookbooks. He took me out to lunch to show his appreciation of my mad thrifting skillz.
Wednesday we went to karate for two classes and then came home and made spƤtzle from scratch cause, you know, we're keeping' it real for Weinachten up in here. Amir and I were both exhausted, but it turned out great and no one got scalded, so that's a plus!
Saturday we took a nap after more karate that included back handsprings. XMA is her favorite class. I woke up on the couch to find her baking gingerbread all by herself. She mixed the dough and was ready to roll and cut the cookies. She had a little help from Amir, but otherwise did everything by herself. Well, I did the oven part, but otherwise she did it. And only I got burned, so that's great!
They had lots of fun decorating the cookies after they cooled. Notice Amir's headband again. Sunday we went out for lunch and shopping, then played master chef and gave ourselves an hour and 45 minutes to make a cake, two curries, and pilau for Masud's birthday party. The food was mostly finished when the guests arrive, and no one got burned -- bonus! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!
Masud had a good time opening his gifts and then we had a karate demonstration. Afterward, Dad, Lyla, and Emily went Christmas dress shopping and the rest of us watched TV.
Monday the kids got their Christmas cards from Great Grandma Dianne. They loved the Penguins on the cards and hearing that they came all the way from Californina.
Get ready for it ... Santa Lucia! Not quite the right day, but is t he the cutest Lucia you've ever seen? Covering all the bases with the crown of candles for the Swedish tradition and some pasta for the Italian.
















No comments:
Post a Comment