Thursday, March 5, 2015

Happy Birthday Amir -- 46 Weeks!


Happy 46 week birthday Amir! We've had another rough week, but we made it through somehow! You seem like you're on the mend after last week's cold. I gave you your first neb treatments over the weekend. You wore the mask surprisingly well, but preferred chewing on the mouth piece. 


On top of being sick, you also cut three teeth in addition to the big one that cut last week. With four coming in, your whole face was swollen. Thank God for Motrin and Snugga Monkey!


Check out your big chompers! You're gonna have a great smile like your daddy.


You're all over the place this week and refuse to sit still. You want to be standing or cruising all the time and I feel like I have to watch you and listen for you all the time just to make sure you're not getting into anything.





You are very interested in feeding yourself. You do ok, but make a huge mess! You loved this soy yogurt from Trader Joe's.


Last weekend Lyla and I attended a painting event put on by Blair's a Tree of Hope. It was the same as last year where we painted one picture for them to auction at their gala and one to bring home. Hopefully this year we'll be able to attend the gala (last year I was wheelchair bound and it was only a few days before Amir was born). This hometown non-profit does really meaningful work and it has been great to watch them grow! Glad we can be a part of it!



 These are the paintings we donated. I think they both turned out nicely.


And in other news, Lyla has RSV. She came home from school early yesterday after a 2 hr nap in the nurse's office. Her chest X-ray was mostly clear, but there was some minor collapse. Today we found out about the rsv, so she started oral steroids and vest treatments in addition to more frequent inhalers and a second antibiotic. She is supposed to wear her bi-pep even during the day to help her body rest. We'll see how that goes ...

Off to bed now! I've gotta keep myself at least sort of healthy to take of my lovies!

Update: I'm officially sick too. Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment