Happy 48 weeks, Little Man! You've been feeli no good this week and are having fun exploring everywhere. You cruise the furniture, walls, benches, and beds like a pro and love your newfound perspective. You also love to grab whatever you can reach! The TV and vcr are still your favorite places, but you like the kitchen too. I caught you eating cat food more than once this week. Gross, dude! I think you're learning to stay away from it, but sometimes curiousityy gets he better of you. I try to keep an eye on you and put up the food before you get there, but it doesn't always happen. You like your fridge magnets and have been able to get the animals into the barn by yourself a couple times. You like to look at your reflection in the dishwasher.
You tried grapefruit this week and liked it a lot. I was surprised you ate it, but you asked for more even though you had already eaten a whole cup of pears and some ground beef. Hungry man! Tonight you didn't eat at all, just had your bottle. I guess you're like your sister that way; one night she eats a lot, the next she eats hardly any thing. You have both been eating well at Faye's this week and doing a good job trying things at dinner.
We had lots of fun getting your pictures taken on Saturday. It was nice to be out and about just the two of us. We shopped around target and you picked out a jungle animals teether you liked. I think you have another tooth on it's way in. You haven't been sleeping the greatest and it's the only thing I can think of that would be causing you to cry even after milk, a fresh diaper, and snuggle time. I wish we got to have more times when it was just you and me. You're so much fun!
Sunday you spent the afternoon with grandpa. You played and took a nap. He bought you some cotton candy, but you didn't really like it. Tuesday I had to pick up Lyla for pool therapy and you were very upset you didn't get to come with. Faye and I decided that next time she will just send Lyla out. Poor little man! I didn't mean to make you feel left out -- it's just really hard to occupy you and it's hard for your sister to concentrate on therapy. I considered buying you size five diapers this week, but bought fours. I may regret that decision, but so far they fit ok. I got the Costco brand this time.
Lyl and k went to see Uncle Ryan in HMS Pinafore on Sunday while you were with Grandpa. We had a great time and Lyla loved it. Mom and I weren't sure she would make it through the whole thing, but she has a great time and especially loved the men's chorus or sailors. After the first act, she clapped and cheered, Ahain! Again!" Lucky her there was a second act. The shortbread cookies weren't so great, but she liked wandering the church during intermission. Ryan was awesome. When he first came out I couldn't even look at him because I was laughing so hard. By the curtain call my big sister pride made me well up with tears. He did such a great job!! I hope Lyla will remember her first opera --and forget that she was so scared of Ryan's makeup after the show that she wouldn't walk past him much less give him a hug. I know she had a fun time -- she's been singing "and now I am the ruler of the queen's navy!" all week!
She's on spring break this week and has had fun at Faye's. Tuesday we went to therapy and Costco for girl time. She asked me on the way home if she could call mom and see If she was available to hang out on Wednesday. I told her sure, so she called and left the cutest voicemail ever asking if mom wanted to hang out and go to lunch with her. She loves her grandma! They had fun going to Perkins for lunch (at 10:30) and then to mom's work, target, and home to St. Paul. Mom dropped her off at my office around 3 where the Cigna ladies happily greeted her. She looked very professional sitting in my friend Jessiy's cube doing her word finds and playing the iPad.
Things were a little crazy for a while there, but this week has been much better. The burden of school is heavier than I thought; not having to coordinate homework and lunches is a time and stress saver for me, and Lyla comes home happy, well-fed, and rested from Faye's. We've been able to relax and have fun together. Last night the kids laughed in the bath together. Tonight we played paw patrol cars, coked dinner together, and watched part of the sound of music. A good week was had by all!




No comments:
Post a Comment