Thursday, January 22, 2015

Happy Birthday Amir --40 Weeks!


Happy Birthday, Little Man! You are a riot! Every day you get more curious about the world and more into whatever's within your reach. You still haven't quite grasped the idea of forward crawling, but your backwards crawl is getting fast and your "lift it up and put it down" butt scoot is getting more effective all the time. Today you got from th emiddl eof Faye's floor to the play kitchen all by yourself! You even tried to pull yourself up -- what a big boy! You love the green table at home and like to crawl under it until you get stuck.


You're trying new foods all the time and have even started self feeding. Considering you haven't really been eating much more than formula and baby foods until now, you're doing a great job trying new things and getting pieces of them into your mouth. You love blueberries and liked chicken, turkey, green beans, tator tot hotdish, carrots and puffs. You also like buns, rice, and Icees. 


Thumbs up for looking just like your mom! You are talking all the time now and I am amazed how well you not only mimic, but seem to pick up words. They're not exactly English, but they're close enough that I inow what you're saying. You have done "nigh-nigh" consistently for a few nights and tonight when I put you on the May to play, you said something very close to "farm" as you punched toward your farm set -- your favorite toy of late. I. Love to sit and have little conversations with you. You're such an observant, sweet little man! I can't wait to hear more of what you have to say!


You have started to enjoy reading books more both together and on your own. Lyla started a reading program at school and loves reading to you. Two reading peas in a pod! You continue to give us pats when we pick you up and also give open-mouthed kisses with a "MUAH!" So cute! You and Daddy are buddies and you follow him wherever he goes. I love to see you playing each morning before daycare, and couldn't help but laugh when you grabbed his keys the other night and wouldn't give them up. My boys!

2 months


4 months


6 months


9 months -- what's with your one leg up pose?!


You had your nine month doctor visit earlier this week. You weighed in at 24 lbs and 28.5 inches with a head circ of 18.5. I rather expected you to weigh more and was surprised to see that you're now only in the 56% for height. I think you are perfect just as you are! Dr. Yunis said you're looking good and we talked about having you tested for allergies at your next visit. In the meantime, he said it is ok to switch you to soy milk at one year and that we could also introduce soy yogurts. We also talked about your constipation and he encouraged me to give you lots of fruit and veg. Faye has been giving you a little prune juice too and it seems to do the trick. You have been happy and sleeping well all week -- and you've had all your big poops at daycare!

Hanging out with you is the best part of my day little man. You're so fun and smart and expressive. You stil love love love your blankies and have started to like stuffed animals too. I love you SO much!


Lyla has had a big week and is gearing up for next week when she will turn six -- can you even believe it?! Over the weekend Uncle Ryan came over for some Frozen, Legos, and dinner. They had a good time playing and dancing together. Monday Lyla was off school so she and I had a shopping and lunch date. She got to spend her birthday money from Grandma Suraiya and chose a set of Frozen puzzles and a nerf rebelle dart gun. She also picked out a new pair of casual (no orthotics) shoes with Masud on Sunday. They're very flashy rainbow shoes with silver stars and pink bows. Such a fashionista!


Other big news is that she has a loose tooth! Friday after we were at the clinic for a port flush, she said her teeh hurt from some candy she had. When I looked, I noticed one of her teeth on the bottom front was a little loose. She was ecstatic and I was pretty excited too. I have wondered for a long time how chemo would affect her losing her teeth (we've heard some weird stuff), so knowing she is losing her teeth at a normal pace just like her friends feels great. She predicted it would fall out today, but when I tried to help her yank it out earlier tonight, she said it hurt, so we left it. I'm sure it won't be long!

The next few weeks will be crazy busy, but they should be fun too. We're having a family party on Sunday for her birthday, I'm having a Jamberry party on Thursday, then I go to Connecticut the following week only to come back and throw her friends party! I settled on having it at a local park and hoping the weather is good. In order to do invites at school, you have to invite the whole class, so tomorrow she'll drop a hot pink invitation bomb on her friends. Hopefully we have a good turn out and the kids can all enjoy the simple fun of skating, snow, and treats in the neighborhood! Hopefully her Frozen party will be frozen enough to skate and build snow men but not SO frozen we have to cancel. Love Minnesota weather!

These kiddos are the JOY of my life. I love to hang out with them and spend time just being with each of them 1:1. I love seeing them play with their dad. We're so fortunate for everything we have in our life!






No comments:

Post a Comment